Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Why do I keep doing this to myself :*(

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 145 Replies

I was dating this guy for a couple of months. It wasn't too long, but we spent a lot of time together and I really was falling for him. He's a decent guy, with a good job and goals...all things I'm never generally attracted to. For some reason I always go for the "bad boys" and always have. This guy was the first one that didn't fit that description..and I thought he was great.

His life was full of stress though and he broke it off with me. I was super hurt, and wondered if it was something I had done, but I will never ever beg a guy to be with me...so I stopped contacting him at all and went on with life.

This week he texted me...apologizing and saying he was wrong for what he did. He asked if I was angry with him and if I would consider giving him another chance. I pretty much jumped at that and told him that I would. I rearranged my entire schedule to see him last night (I hadn't seen him in about six weeks), and was super nervous. I got all ready for him to pick me up, and then just before we were supposed to go out, he texted saying he was "in a bad mood sorry." :(

So...he blew me off. He explained the other day that his life was still super stressful, but that he still wanted to see me. I think it's pretty obvious at this point that he is never going to make me a priority..and that he doesn't handle the stress in his life well. Anyway, I should have just told him off last night, but something stopped me.

This morning, I find myself hoping he'll text again apologizing. WTF is wrong with me? Seriously... I don't think I've ever been effected like this by a guy. I have generally very low self-esteem, but I'm pretty average looking I think. This is ridiculous. I know that if he texts I need to tell him that I never want to see him again...but it's going to be hard. I'm just venting...so if you read this...thanks. I think I need to be single....forever.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deenakate
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Move on...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:07 AM
3 moms liked this
Find someone who is going to make you a priority in their life...
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:08 AM
He's playing a game. Seeing if you'll wait for him. You could flip the script but it won't last very long. Find someone who will make you a priority mama, and if it takes a while then enjoy yoir freedom while you have it!!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:09 AM
1 mom liked this
When he texts apologizing, tell him "sorry, I am to busy to deal with you".

Play hard to get for a while. If he really wants you, he will chase.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:11 AM

I know that I need to...and I will. I just kind of hate the way I'm feeling about it all. This guy really hasn't treated me all that great...so this should be easy, but it's not.

Quoting deenakate:

Move on...

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:14 AM

I think this is harder than I ever thought it would be.

Quoting Anonymous:

Find someone who is going to make you a priority in their life...

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:15 AM

Yea I don't want to play games. I'm too old for that, and so is he. I know I need to let him go...I'm just surprised at how hard it is. It pisses me off that I was doing just fine and then he texted again and quickly turned life upside down again.

Quoting Anonymous:

He's playing a game. Seeing if you'll wait for him. You could flip the script but it won't last very long. Find someone who will make you a priority mama, and if it takes a while then enjoy yoir freedom while you have it!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:17 AM

I definitely could do that, but I don't want to play games either. I need to let go of this...it's just harder than it should be.

Quoting Anonymous:

When he texts apologizing, tell him "sorry, I am to busy to deal with you".

Play hard to get for a while. If he really wants you, he will chase.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:17 AM
Can you tell him unless he makes you a priority then you don't want the drama in your life? Give him a week or whatnot to change and if he doesn't then block him and move on. I know it'll be hard but its not worth the heartache.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yea I don't want to play games. I'm too old for that, and so is he. I know I need to let him go...I'm just surprised at how hard it is. It pisses me off that I was doing just fine and then he texted again and quickly turned life upside down again.

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:20 AM

Actually... this is good advice. I think I might just do that. Thank you. Now...I just wait to see when and if he even bothers to text.

Quoting Anonymous:

Can you tell him unless he makes you a priority then you don't want the drama in your life? Give him a week or whatnot to change and if he doesn't then block him and move on. I know it'll be hard but its not worth the heartache.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)