Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

S/O to the S/O renamed: Why would you dump your pets for this?

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:05 AM
  • 155 Replies
4 moms liked this

Okay I am baffled about how many of you would give up a pet for a visitor to come in your home. I really hope none of you have pets.  I am sorry if this is the unpopular opinion but I seriously wouldn't care if your child has allergies, especially if they are mild. Okay, I would probably care if they were severe but then your kid just wouldn't be invited over and we would do play dates and meetings somewhere else. I would not be getting rid of my pets so they can stay for a weekend or two a month. I have allergies and if I can LIVE with my cats with my allergies then your kid can survive a visit to my home.  Not to mention that if I got rid of all my pets it would emotionally wreck my own children. Sorry, but the people and animals inside my home are more important to me than outsiders.  Besides. Even if I got rid of my pets. 2 dogs would stay anyway. Unless you want to take it up with the ADA. 

Yes I changed the title a few times. I needed to find out what I really wanted to say.

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:09 AM

BUMP!

anotherhalf
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:12 AM
I missed the other posts but my dog won't be kicked out of his own home unless he bit ds. Anything short of that, he stays.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mary841108
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:12 AM

bump! for a visitor oh hell no! lol she hides upstairs anyway when people come over, my cat is anti-social LOL

for a kid that stays every other weekend? nope sorry

we've had our cat for 6 years, she is a rescue kitty and i couldnt imagine not having her! i mean really, look at that fuzzy face how could you not fall in absolute love lol! this is jinglebells.

AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:13 AM

I want to cuddle her face. I love Tabby cats. I plan to get one eventually. I am just waiting for the right stray.

Quoting mary841108:

bump! for a visitor oh hell no! lol she hides upstairs anyway when people come over, my cat is anti-social LOL

we've had our cat for 6 years, she is a rescue kitty and i couldnt imagine not having her! i mean really, look at that fuzzy face how could you not fall in absolute love lol! this is jinglebells.

wkukid
by Beach Bum on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:14 AM

I have allergies and I live with two cats. I take a Benadryl if it acts up. 

GagaNTattooS
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:15 AM
6 dogs... No o. E is going any where
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AliKatAK47
by Meanie Pants on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:15 AM

We have the same amount of dogs.

Quoting GagaNTattooS:

6 dogs... No o. E is going any where

mary841108
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:16 AM

she's a Siberian according to her vet, they are a small breed so even being full grown she's just a little shit. unfortunately with her breed they are not very social and they find one person in the family that they favor (she chose me lol) she will not scratch or bite but if anyone else tries to get near her she runs lol which is why my husband hates her, he says "a f-ing dog would come when its called, this moron just gives an evil look" i called her and she ran to me LOL

Quoting AliKatAK47:

I want to cuddle her face. I love Tabby cats. I plan to get one eventually. I am just waiting for the right stray.

Quoting mary841108:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:18 AM
I am allergic to our cats and dog and there is no way I would get rid of them.
When my allergies flare up, I take something if I need to. I also keep the house clean and groom them once a week.
LavenderMom23
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Dh in a bad mood last week said we needed to get rid of the cats. My reply: You first! LOL it never went any further than that and it was mostly just grouchiness. Not a drop of seriousness.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN