Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

People must really not care about their kids safety these days.

Posted by   + Show Post
Now maybe I just started noticing it, but it seem recently people don't seem to give a rats ass about their kids safety. Every time I go to walmart I see at least one kid riding on the bottom rack or the front of the cart. I made the mistake of going to walmart right after most churches let out. It was filled with screaming kids and kids riding in the carts wrong. I saw one kid laying on the bottom rack and paddling like he was on a surf board. I just stared at her in amazement. She looked at me like I was the crazy one. Of course no workers were around to tell her not to let him do that. Those mother fuckers run from customers. When her kid gets his arm ripped off, I bet her ass will be the first person trying to sue. SMH, what happened to being safe.

EDIT: I see most of you are "that mom".
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Replies (11-20):
mhaney03
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I let my son do that once because he was insistant, then got his finger rolled over.. I knew that would happen, so I let him.  He never did it again.

Kinda like screaming at your toddler to not touch a hot stove.. let them do it just once, that's all it takes.

illinoismommy83
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:07 PM

I loved to hold on to the front of the cart as a kid. :( It was so fun to be pushed through the store. I think carts are weighted better now so kids don't trip the carts onto themselves.

428pm
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:08 PM
10 moms liked this

If anything safety has gone overboard these days

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:09 PM
I totally agree. People are just ignorant and in many cases too stupid to read instructions. I've seen too many kids with broken bones and lacerations and bruises and even a skull fracture because their dumbass parents let them screw around on carts.
msalice_21
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:10 PM
Both my boys like to ride on the front too. Thats their favorite. I dont see any harm in it.

Quoting illinoismommy83:

I loved to hold on to the front of the cart as a kid. :( It was so fun to be pushed through the store. I think carts are weighted better now so kids don't trip the carts onto themselves.

seraphimsong
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:11 PM
I don't let my kids ride like that. They sit in the seat part until they are old enough to walk then they walk with me
TheMrs407
by Emerald Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:11 PM
The worst I see is the occasional child standing in the cart. No crazy business like you are talking about.
unspecified42
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I am that mom! Lol. Not sure how one would manage to rip a child's arm off... Maybe you shop much more hardcore than me?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ButterMeUp
by Butters on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Are you talking about the basket or the rack? You can't sit on the bottom rack, it's too small.

Quoting msalice_21:

I wouldve looked at you like you were crazy too if you looked at me like that. My kids ride on the bottom rack but they sit indian style with their hands in their lap. Thats the only way i let them stay down there. I think your just way to uptight about it.
Mistweave
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:12 PM
2 moms liked this

I rode on the bottom of the cart when I was little sometimes too...I also was smart enough to keep my hands away from the wheels.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN