Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

People must really not care about their kids safety these days.

Posted by   + Show Post
Now maybe I just started noticing it, but it seem recently people don't seem to give a rats ass about their kids safety. Every time I go to walmart I see at least one kid riding on the bottom rack or the front of the cart. I made the mistake of going to walmart right after most churches let out. It was filled with screaming kids and kids riding in the carts wrong. I saw one kid laying on the bottom rack and paddling like he was on a surf board. I just stared at her in amazement. She looked at me like I was the crazy one. Of course no workers were around to tell her not to let him do that. Those mother fuckers run from customers. When her kid gets his arm ripped off, I bet her ass will be the first person trying to sue. SMH, what happened to being safe.

EDIT: I see most of you are "that mom".
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:54 AM
Replies (41-50):
Eliots_momma
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:19 PM
It would be safer to put the carseat in the basket than to have it perched up in the seat.

Quoting Anonymous:

Ahhhh. Are they supposed to be in the basket then?

Quoting Anonymous:

Balanced in the front seat thing. They aren't meant to go up there. I was a nurse and I saw babies come in with bruises, broken arms, and trauma to the head bc the carseat fell from the cart or the whole cart tipped over.

No carseat is designed to sit there, even if it seems like it locks in.

Quoting Anonymous:

Propped up?

Quoting Anonymous:

I hate to see infant car seat propped up on the front of the cart. Poor babies :(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:20 PM

One more classy post from you.  Awesome.

sweetnspacey
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:20 PM

LOL......

428pm

seriously arms ripped off? lol.   I used to do that, and I rode in the basket, and on the front and a few times I even ran with a cart and then put my foot up and skated with the thing.  As a teenager we used to sit in it and push eachother over the edge of a big hill that ended in a ravine.  Guess what? We're all still alive!

moosesmom
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:20 PM
LOL @ the edit. They don't put warnings in the seat of the cart for no reason. I'm just saying...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
vixen42

I used to work retail and once saw a toddler standing up in the back of the cart fall and hit the floor,it was awful.when I had my own kids I was constantly worried they would stand up and fall out

Sandiekd21
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:21 PM

My DS  LOVES to ride on the bottom of the cart.
He's gotten his fingers rolled over a couple times. It's just a lesson he's learned.
He no longer puts his hands on the floor while riding under there.
Oh well. Kids get hurt.
I am not going to sue the store for something we did. That's dumb.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:21 PM
Thank you for proving my point about parents being too lazy or stupid to read the directions on the cart.

Quoting Anonymous:

My almost 7 year old likes to ride in the large part of the basket........I highly doubt he would fit in the child seat part of it.  I see nothing wrong with a child sitting in the large part. It is called teaching them to sit down. Even the 2 year old I watch knows to stay sitting.

msalice_21
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:21 PM
My kids dont try to climb into the cart... and accidents happen. Its part of life. You live and you learn. My kids know what they shouldnt do and what will happen if they do it.

Quoting Anonymous:

sirinme94
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:22 PM

Oh FFS!  get another hobby.  I thought you were going to complain about something legit, like letting their kids run around in a busy parking lot. Yes kids can get hurt doing those things, but its nothing serious.  At the most they are going to get their fingers pinched... They risk more than that riding their bikes down the street/sidewalk.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)