Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

COP instinct in our personal vehicle.......................

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 13 Replies

So me and DH are riding down the road at about 35mph (back road), and he slams on the brakes and barely misses an 18 MONTH OLD IN THE ROAD. He slams the car in park, jumps out, grabs the child, and marches straight to the door of the house the baby was in front of. We were out of state. i see him grab his wallet with his badge out of his back pocket and he REAMS the childs mom. what kind of mother lets a toddler run freely. this house was not right on the road. it was a long drive way...........during this i realize, he is unarmed. So many emotions in a matter of seconds.

IM POSTING ANON BECAUSE OF WHO HE WORKS FOR.

ETA- The mother was inside the house with her door closed!!!!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I hope he scared the shit outta that mother.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:18 PM

Good for him! so many people do nothing these days. Im so glad that baby was safe! 

mcwife86
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:21 PM

good im glad he did.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Im just so thankful that we found the child!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:22 PM

this is my biggest fear because my older ds and my nephew are always not closing the back door good enough, and eventhough i am keeping a good eye on my 18 month old, she will get quiet playing and i will be in the kitchen and see the back door cracked and instant panic takes over my whole body in that quick second it takes to glace over to where dd was to see if she is still there. she has never gotten out without me knowing, but still i just feel like it could happen to anyone at anytime. i can leave her playing while i go to the bathroom,  or be preoccupied with a phone call and poof she is out of sight and the door is open! it is a scary feeling! thankfully it has never happened to me though.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:26 PM

omgosh..an 18 months thats so young... one time my four year old and i were going  out to the car which is in our garage connected to the house. I realized after I walked out there I forgot my keys. I ran in the house to look for them and he had wandered outside freaked me out bc i couldn't find him for a about two minutes!  Luckly he knew better not to go in the road. Im really glad ur husband is there but I still can't figure out how an 18 month old gets out w/ out any one noticing..poor thing

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:31 PM

my kids have gotten away from me before in the yard and i had to chase them down. i understand what happened in your situation. but in this situation, this child was just literally toddling around, not running. the mother acted pissed from what i could see.

Quoting Anonymous:

omgosh..an 18 months thats so young... one time my four year old and i were going  out to the car which is in our garage connected to the house. I realized after I walked out there I forgot my keys. I ran in the house to look for them and he had wandered outside freaked me out bc i couldn't find him for a about two minutes!  Luckly he knew better not to go in the road. Im really glad ur husband is there but I still can't figure out how an 18 month old gets out w/ out any one noticing..poor thing

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:52 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Very glad you guys saw that poor baby. And scary that your husband was unarmed. Domestic situations are always super dangerous for cops.
428pm
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:57 PM

it's takes a certain type of person to be a police officer, I doubt he even thought about what he was doing lol

Im glad the baby is ok and I hope that idiot mother take better care!  Will he call CPS?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured