Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

SO EXCITED!! YAY!

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:16 PM
  • 7 Replies
2 moms liked this

DH and I moved to another state in August.
We left behind my family and his best friend (we'll call him J) and best friend's wife (we'll call her C).
Well, in November, they came to our state to celebrate Thanksgiving with her family. We got to hang out with them for about two hours while they were here.
It was so good to see them.
Yesterday, DH was talking to J. They have decided that they are going to come to our house and stay with us for the 4th of July. They'll be here for a few days and I can't wait!
We haven't made any friends here, and I get lonely with just DH and our kids.
All four of us get along magnificently. I absolutely adore J and C is really cool, too.
While they are here, we are SO going to get our Apples to Apples on! At least two games in the time they are here.

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
rockabillybetty
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this
Thumbs up!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WithHope
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Love it. We meet my best friend (former room mate) and her husband and son somewhere once a year. We sight see and play tons of apples to apples too! Few people know the value of true friendship. :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:21 PM

Yay! What state did you move to?

Sandiekd21
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:31 PM

I know the value of friendship.
J has helped us so much in the two and a half years DH and I have been together, even with something as simple as taking DSD to school when I was afraid (there was some drama that happened at her school- I was threatened) or babysitting the kids so DH and I could have some 'us' time.
He's even helped us move two times.
J was the best man at our wedding and C took the pics.
J is a true friend. And we try to do stuff for him, too.
We've loaned him money. We bailed him out of jail once (totally bogus reason he went, nothing violent or drug related).

Quoting WithHope:

Love it. We meet my best friend (former room mate) and her husband and son somewhere once a year. We sight see and play tons of apples to apples too! Few people know the value of true friendship. :)

Mother to (IMO) the two best kids EVER born. I am a vaxing, corporal punishment (when called for!), loving, teaching my kids to be good, kind, caring, strong, independant people kinda MOMMA.
I am almost an LMT and love making people feel good!

Sandiekd21
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:31 PM

We moved from Utah to California.

Quoting Jessy613:

Yay! What state did you move to?

Mother to (IMO) the two best kids EVER born. I am a vaxing, corporal punishment (when called for!), loving, teaching my kids to be good, kind, caring, strong, independant people kinda MOMMA.
I am almost an LMT and love making people feel good!

WithHope
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:59 PM
Ohio, from Florida. Quite a lousy trade off.
WithHope
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:00 PM
I will say though, another best friend of mine, whom I've now know 25 years was here... So that's been awesome.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)