Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

does your child ever smile?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
I see my friend post pictures on Facebook and their kids never smile. I hang out with them and do kiddo play dates and their kids never smile or laugh and are abusive to my kids.

I also know they rarely get out of the house, they go weeks without taking their kids outside.

What do you think about this? Just stop doing play dates? Stop inviting them out (because they won't even go to free events in the area)?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:49 PM

The only time one of these friends did anything outside of the house, was Halloween, and both kids were in strollers so they couldn't touch.  They never go out, to the mall or to eat...  It is very strange how much they are hermits.  They don't even go to the parties our husband's work throws, and they give free child care.  

It sucks because we get a long famoulsy, we could be best friends, except I can NOT stay inside the house all day every day!

Quoting Daveson:

Thats sad. My kids are always laughing and smiling.  But maybe some kids  dont know how to have fun , to act like a kid. I wouldnt want them around if they are abusing my kids. If they werent abusive to my kids i would try to take them  with us places like the park . Somewhere  where they can just be kids and cant get into too much trouble.  maybe they would open up.

littlesippycup
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:50 PM

Ohh poor little kids =(

LucyHarper
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:52 PM

If anything those kids need you to invite them over more, not to be banned from your house.

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:53 PM

They smile all the time, but my daughter won't smile for a picture, that's just not her personality, but I still take and post pictures of her.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2013 at 12:55 PM

They are all stay at home moms...

Quoting Daveson:

Must be hard for kids. They naturally want to get out and get busy. No wonder they dont smile. poor kids.:( Feel bad for them. Maybe their parents work too much. ?? If I didnt let my son outside to play everyday for hours he would go insane and drive me insane too!!! I know once they get older they like  being in the house more but young kids usualy love being active.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)