Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You think your weather is bad?

Posted by   + Show Post

This is what I woke up to:

-30 C (-22 F) all on it's own, but thanks to that super duper wind it is -42 C (-44 F). At almost noon it has warmed up to a balmy -27 C, still -38 C with the wind chill.

Although I very much doubt it, can anyone out there beat this?

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Replies (21-30):
MissAlice
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:54 PM

Yeh, that's cold!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:56 PM
Yeah, it gets cold in Canada...Not impressive.
Firenygirl180
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:58 PM
I can't compete, but I can almost relate. It was 4°f this morning and I got my car stuck in my driveway in about 2 ft of snow, at last half of that is fresh snow that was plowed into our driveway between 3 pm yesterday and 9 am today.
Our windchills have been below zero though, of course it hasn't been terribly windy. I'm lookingforward to heading 5 hours south on Thursday to warm up a bit. Of course it means packing half my sons clothes so we are prepared for anything
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
tifbrown
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:59 PM

I knew I could count on the Canadian mommies to make me feel a little better haha.

Quoting D.O.E.:

Very Very Cold Outside

Cold-Winter-Day 2

Make sure you're completely covered if heading outside. Southern Saskatchewan is feeling the brunt of winter.

Wind chill warnings went out early Sunday morning for a number of areas including, Moose Jaw, Regina, Saskatoon, Prince Albert, North Battleford, and Humboldt.

For now, temperatures have plummeted to about -40 with the windchill. By mid-week, the province should get back to normal temperatures for this time of year.

Wind chill warning issued by Environment Canada for
Moose Jaw - Pense - Central Butte - Craik

Extreme wind chills

A cold Arctic airmass pushing into Southern Saskatchewan with winds in the 20 to 30 km/h range will combine to produce extreme wind chills in the minus 40 to minus 43 range over the warning area. Extreme wind chills are expected again in Southeastern Saskatchewan Sunday night and  into Monday morning.

At these extreme wind chill values frostbite on exposed skin may occur in less than 10 minutes.

yeppers, i am right there with ya. getting itchy for spring. we have had one hell of a winter, last year we had barley any snow, and wore hoodies all winter, not even jackets. 

this sucks. this is an old school kind of winter.

brandydesiree
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:59 PM
It's pretty cold over here in Anchorage too. We had like a couple weeks straight of -10 and under. SUCKED! Then it jumped to +50 and all the snow and ice melted and it started raining...then it got crazy cold again and it all froze...talk about icy roads...I'm from Louisiana...I can't handle thid shit!
tifbrown
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:01 PM

I love Canada, but DAMN the winters are a bitch! We get to -30 C and easily colder in winter, and in summer it's a complete flip to +30 C. 

Quoting sampson200:

No, we're not insane enough to live in Canada, eh!

luckysevenwow
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:02 PM

We aren't that cold, but once it hits a certian point....cold is cold. lol

It sure is pretty though.....

I

momma-flynn
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:02 PM
1 mom liked this
And that's why we live in Texas lol. It's a beautiful day.
tifbrown
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Ick! You are further North than me, I imagine it gets damn cold in Alaska.

Quoting brandydesiree:

It's pretty cold over here in Anchorage too. We had like a couple weeks straight of -10 and under. SUCKED! Then it jumped to +50 and all the snow and ice melted and it started raining...then it got crazy cold again and it all froze...talk about icy roads...I'm from Louisiana...I can't handle thid shit!

EvryDayIsMyBday
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:04 PM
Sucks to be you lol its beautiful here. Thanks goodness becouse im a puss when it comes to cold weather!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN