Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

You think your weather is bad?

Posted by   + Show Post

This is what I woke up to:

-30 C (-22 F) all on it's own, but thanks to that super duper wind it is -42 C (-44 F). At almost noon it has warmed up to a balmy -27 C, still -38 C with the wind chill.

Although I very much doubt it, can anyone out there beat this?

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Replies (41-50):
Charliesmommy11
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:09 PM
We've had three days of 70 degree weather and Tuesday it will only reach 30 then by Wednesday back to 70. Our weather sucks.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
valhallaarwen
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:11 PM

My weather isn't that bad, but it is aggravating.  One day it is cold, then rainy, then hot, then cold, rainy, etc.  It is the perfect weather to get sick in.  Example, today it is hot, yesterday it was sort of cold, then got mild.  Today, I think it is hot.  What is going to happen tomorrow? 

hisgirl616
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:12 PM
It is 65 and beautiful here! Sorry op!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tara922c
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:12 PM

We have a high of 69 today and it is beautiful outside. I appreciate living in the south during the winters! Ask me again if I live living in southeast Texas in August and you will get a different answer.

Alberta is beautiful, and my dh tried to convenience me to move there for his job, but I don't think I could handle the cold winters! I break out the winter jackets when the temperature falls below 59!

Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:12 PM

This is why I am SO grateful that I was adopted and raised in the US!  I was born in Newfoundland, Canada.  I see that our forecast is similar to theirs this coming week though, lol.

I personally don't believe humans were meant to live in such harsh climates.  Could not imagine living in that area of Canada (where OP is from).

ididntdoit111

Me and my son were laughing about this subject this morning. It is 19 degrees out the trees are frosted thick with ice and the sidewalks are so slick even my dogs are falling. My son jokingly asked if I was going to post it on CM. I told him I would get laughed off the post! I told him the group I Co- Admin has a Head Admin who lives in Alaska. She regularly posts screeen shots of the weather and my 19 degree weather is positivly balmy compared to her(and you OP) weather!  Brrr.

tifbrown

Isn't that such bull shit?! It's not supposed to snow when it's that cold!

Quoting bustybee:

we were -38c yesterday or the day before. today we are -29c but expecting 10cm of snow. I'm waiting for summer. even spring would be nice

Pink.Sunshine
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:13 PM
not really
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:13 PM
55 in Oklahoma!
tifbrown
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Bah! That is cold! We haven't seen any -50 days yet this year, thankfully! Stay warm!

Quoting zebbyzebby06:

Iam in Nd and its freezing today and windy. mon morn and tonite its forcasted -50.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN