Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What should I chose for a Grad gift?

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:08 PM
  • 10 Replies

Poll

Question: Where should we go?

Options:

Dublin, Ireland

Paris, France

Rome, Italy

Athens, Greece

Tel Aviv, Israel

Sydney, Australia

London, England

Edinburgh, Scotland

Other: Please specify

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 16

View Results

My husband and I are going to go on an international vacation this summer, and we are having a difficult time making a decision as to where we want to go. We have it narrowed down to the following:

Dublin, Ireland

Paris, France

Rome, Italy

Athens, Greece

Tel Aviv, Israel

Sydney, Australia

London, England

Edinburgh, Scotland

What sounds most interesting? I'm a photographer, and I love history, so we want a vacation destination with lots of historical places to visit, and lots of photographic opportunities as well as be a fun family vacation.

Any input? Oh we are tentatively planning this for end of July, beginning of August before I start my last semester at the CC before going to the University. It's my early graduation gift, since I am finishing in December, and starting at the University next January, we wont have an opportunity to take a graduation vacation until next summer. So we decided this summer it is. (I wouldn't mind waiting, however, since the In-laws are going to help watch the kids so hubs and I have some free adult fun, they are insisting we go this summer.) They want me to chose the destination. (Yes they are paying for a bulk of this vacation.)

I'm lost, I want to go to Ireland, because that's my ancestral link line. (Maiden name is McClellan, as Irish as they come.)

I want to go to Paris because it's the city of love!

Rome and Greece draw me because of their historical places to see such as the colosseum, etc. (I love history.)

Sydney and London also sound amazingly fun and are two places my husband suggested so I know those are two places he would like to visit.

Tel Aviv because it's the Holy Land. Yes my husband and I have ALWAYS wanted to travel to the Holy Land.

Scotland because my husband and I both have ancestral ties there.

So what do you ladies think? Where should we chose? I'm really torn!

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cshepard
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:13 PM
I picked Paris just bc I have always wanted to go there!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:15 PM
We're doing London and Paris in August, so that's my vote lol.
ExquisiteMomof2
by PHOTOGMOM on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Quoting cshepard:

I picked Paris just bc I have always wanted to go there!

I would SO LOVE to go to Paris! I want to see the Effiel Tower! This is a tough, once in a lifetime decision!

ExquisiteMomof2
by PHOTOGMOM on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Quoting UxorQuodMatris.:

How fun! We might get to bump into you! =) Why did you ultimately chose those two destinations?

strictmomhere
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:17 PM
Greece
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ExquisiteMomof2
by PHOTOGMOM on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:19 PM

Quoting strictmomhere:

Greece

Thank you! Why did you chose Greece?

UxorQuodMatris.
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:23 PM
I've always wanted to go to London, and we figured might as well go see Paris too lol. I've never travelled out of the country, so I'm stoked to go almost anywhere.
This will be our much belated honeymoon, and we didn't want to go anywhere tropical.

Quoting ExquisiteMomof2:

Quoting UxorQuodMatris.:

How fun! We might get to bump into you! =) Why did you ultimately chose those two destinations?

Syphon
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:30 PM

I enjoyed Rome but not so much that I'd want to spend a great deal of time there.  Don't like Paris.  London is nice.  I love the islands in Greece.  Never been to Athens.  I just heard something about the economy being bad in Greece so I'd check that part out....could be a good thing (your money will go far) and could be a bad thing (crime).  My vote goes to Ireland.  I haven't been there yet but I have relatives that have and they loved it and the pictures are gorgeous. 

nomadbrat83
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:08 PM
Rome was really fun to photgraph (and met my hubby in Italy). Always wanted to got to Ireland and sister loved her vacation there. We would love to go to Tel Aviv (almost went in college). No desire to go to Paris
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:11 PM
I loved Italy. I hated Paris. It is a gross and disgusting city, but the louvre was cool...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)