Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
I'm looking to replace my vacuum. I've got 3 kids and a dog whom I vacuum up after daily. I'm looking at Dyson's which are 5 to 6 hundred. I'm appalled that I'm considering spending so much on one, but feel like it's a necessity. Anyone have recommendations?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:49 PM
Replies (121-129):
MammaPaparazza
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:50 AM
Get a referb!! You can get them for like 250 and less. Sign up for Dailey deals . Com (I think that's what it is)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
britishmummy
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:00 AM

Dyson has always been expensive. My husband was going to be a new Dyson for Christmas but we settled on 2 different shark vacuums, one that collects dog fur and does carpet and hardwood floors, and can be carried for the stairs (super leightweight) and another that is heavy but turns into a steamer also.  Both were maybe $150 or a little more, but SO worth it, I fell in love with shark when I first used their products.

AO-88
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:00 AM
Same had the same $50 vacuum for 7 years. I maintain it and have 0 issues. Works just fine.

Quoting Anonymous:

I have a $50 vacuum that's lasted 3years. I can't see paying $500 on a damn vacuum.

.ChiMama.
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:01 AM
I love my dyson. I bought it 2 yrs ago for Black Friday on kohls.com. It was marked down and I got $100 kohls cash for it. I ended up paying under $300 for the dc25
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:02 AM

so not a necessity.

twinmommy27
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:06 AM
I have the dyson animal canister vac. My suggestion, is to get the upright animal if you aren't use to the canister....wish I got the upright :/ it works excellent though and I have two dogs.
VAGal25
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:07 AM
I think Dysons are soooo worth it. Ours is 3 years old and going strong. It picks everything up! Lol. Cleans up after a toddler beautifully! And I would rather spend $350 once every 6 or 7 years (how long I hope ours lasts) than buy a new one every year for $100.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SC_MomofTeens
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:15 AM
I have a Dyson. We bought it 5 years ago and it still works great. I have an Oreck too. I prefer it over the Dyson. It is much lighter.
Lalalie
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:11 PM

Really good vacuums are worth it, but it is painful paying that much. Dysons are good.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN