Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
I'm looking to replace my vacuum. I've got 3 kids and a dog whom I vacuum up after daily. I'm looking at Dyson's which are 5 to 6 hundred. I'm appalled that I'm considering spending so much on one, but feel like it's a necessity. Anyone have recommendations?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:49 PM
Replies (21-30):
LucyHarper
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:54 PM
2 moms liked this

I've got five kids, eight kids in our house (we have a family staying with us for a while) and three dogs and our vacuum was $50. From what I've seen, dysons are so overpriced and just aren't that much better than other vacuums. You can cut down on dirt a lot by making a no shoes in the house rule, wiping down the dogs paws when they come inside if its muddy out, and limiting food and drinks to the kitchen. 

JenB1983
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:54 PM

My friend has a Rainbow vacuum.......it cost over $1000.  

Funny though, she uses her $40 Bissell more often.  The Rainbow is an absolute pain in the ass.

hudson.maggie
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:55 PM
1 mom liked this
We have a shark and I love it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mommy_Jenx3
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:55 PM

It is worth every penny you will spend on it. I love mine. My brother and SIL have cats and they bought the animal one a few years ago. Best thing they ever did, and they were shocked they didn't have one sooner.

LilliesValley
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:55 PM

No but if I had the money for one Dyson is what I would get. We have hard wood floors and so I only realy need it for the dog hair but it would sure be nice. I think we have had to buy a vacuum cleaner almost every other year for 12 years! That' about $100 each time so it would average out to a Dyson. I just sweep with a broom and dust pan though at this point because I'm not wasting my money on anothe vacuum cleaner. And my husbads hairy dog died, so much less hair to clean up! Not that I'm happy about the dog dying (but he was 17) and that's my silver lining, less sweeping.

Firenygirl180
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:56 PM

I just bought a Eureka vaccuum and I was vacuuming everyday for 2 weeks since we just moved and every time the canister was half full and gross.  

I was going to buy a $130 bissel, but we ended up with the $130 Eureka that was on sale for $110.

This is the one we bought.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:57 PM
1 mom liked this

DON'T all your paying for is the name brand

she_walk_softly
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:58 PM

Take my money!

Quoting jesusismyfriend:

Kirby. It can turn into a carpet cleaner and you can spray paint with it. I love my Kirby.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:58 PM

I have a Dyson Pet cannister vac.  It picks up everything and does a great job. 

crazedmama06
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:59 PM

I bought 4 Bissel Pet ones in the last 6 years. Last one died right before Christmas so I broke down and got my Dyson Pet. It's the most amazing vacuum ever. I go from carpet to hardwood, it gets everything. Totally worth the money!! It's also very easy to clean, light, and very manouverable. (I also have 3 boys who track everything and anything into my carpets.)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)