Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
I'm looking to replace my vacuum. I've got 3 kids and a dog whom I vacuum up after daily. I'm looking at Dyson's which are 5 to 6 hundred. I'm appalled that I'm considering spending so much on one, but feel like it's a necessity. Anyone have recommendations?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:49 PM
Replies (31-40):
JayeC2
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:00 PM

I have a Dyson, the $299 model - love it more than I ever did my Kirby......

GeoRocks
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:00 PM
I have the shark. My parents have a dyson, just got a new one to replace the old one. It was like $300? I thought spending $150 on one was pricey until they got theirs!
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:01 PM
I worked for a cleaning company and I hated using a dyson. They ended up replacing them all.
mstricey
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this
A shark. I love love love mine. It sucks up everything, my carpet looks new after I use it. I haven't had any problems with it and I paid 150 for it I believe. It's also very light.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:04 PM
We bought a 50 dollar vacuum. It does the job.
K-Chan
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:06 PM
Look into rainbows. They last forever! My das has had one for 30 years. And they do much more then vacuum
peachesforme
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:07 PM

we have a refurbished Dyson. costs half of what a new one does and works great

K-Chan
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:09 PM
I love my rainbow! My dad got mine at a vacuum repair store with a lot of extras for under $200.

Quoting JenB1983:

My friend has a Rainbow vacuum.......it cost over $1000.  

Funny though, she uses her $40 Bissell more often.  The Rainbow is an absolute pain in the ass.

taramac
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:09 PM
It's a little more expensive but I recommend a Kirby. We have had ours for almost 10 years and have never had any problems and it works just as well as the first day we got it.
anonymous92
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:10 PM

Spend the money. A Dyson is well worth it.

I owned a Hoover for 13 years with no issues. It finally burnt out on me. I must have replaced that vacuum 5 times with other hoovers, dirt devils and lastly a bissel. I don't know how they are making vacuums not but they certainly arent built to last.

I'm with you. I couldn't see myself spending all that much on a Dyson but those commercials and presentations spoke to me. I finally bought one on Flex Pay through HSN and that was 6 years ago. It's still going strong. I have had to replace the extender hose on it but I registered my Dyson (it has a 5 year warranty) and customer service sent me one for free. It's worth every penny. I now own 2. If you shop QVC, they also have them now and you can get them on easy pay.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)