Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions
I'm looking to replace my vacuum. I've got 3 kids and a dog whom I vacuum up after daily. I'm looking at Dyson's which are 5 to 6 hundred. I'm appalled that I'm considering spending so much on one, but feel like it's a necessity. Anyone have recommendations?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 3:49 PM
Replies (41-50):
cLanief
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:11 PM
I have a Shark and it's badass!!!!!
LACHESIS
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Make sure you research them. The newest ones seem to have more issues than the older models. :(  The newest one with the pivet head really has had some not so good reviews :( 

ChloeDolce1
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:15 PM

My Dyson was $500 and I HATE IT!!!!! It is only 2 years old if even and it has had to be rapaired several times and you can only take it to certain places to fix which is not close to me. Its quite a hassel.  I'm looking for a new one.  I don't mind spending the money on important things like this is they perform but i have been very dissappointed in the Dyson

Mamabear010
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:17 PM
I'm getting a shark navigator lift away. Google shark navigator vs dysons. There are tons of videos that compare the two and most show that the navigator is just as good as the dyson but a few hundred dollars cheaper.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:17 PM

My mom got her Dyson about 5 years ago. She's the cleanest person I've ever met. Vacuums multiple times a day and no pets on the white carpet in the living room. When she got her Dyson she quickly vacuumed the living room just to try it out. The canister was 1/2 full of carpet lint, dust, grossness!  I couldn't believe it!  We bought our Dyson the next day.  It's worth every penny, especially with pets.

MommyRJ
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:19 PM
I'd love the pink dyson!!
We have a Hoover pet something & it works GREAT & was only $80.
I couldn't justify $600 for a vacuum unless I had 10 kids + 10 dogs and a mansion lol

mommy_me
by ~The Three B's~ on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:20 PM

I love my bissell. I spent $80 on it a year ago and it is still working great

I have our carpets cleaned professionally every 3 months

Elle.tea.22
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:22 PM

I have this one and I would recommend it for everyday use. I'm very happy with it, use it for everything. I dropped it (kinda fell out of my hand at the top of the stairs) and they replaced it no questions asked. Good warranty!

supermom985
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:22 PM

I have a dyson and it was worth the money IMO 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:22 PM
I've had a Dyson. I prefer my hoover.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN