Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

do not bash me.. about breastfeeding +added another ?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 112 Replies
I am feeling a little weird about doing it. I've read a billion things about it and I plan on it, but it seems so weird. Now my husband says he doesn't want me to, and he would rather spend $200 a month on formula. Help!

Another question : how can I pump amd breastfeed? I feel like it will be easy to use the breast at night and all, but what about when we go out. I don't feel comfortable breastfeeding everywhere, this is when I would use bottles. Also can you BF and FF?

Just sat dh down and told him the points that you all have made. He said that breastfeeding will make me lazier than I already am. I'm in tears. :( he is not being supportive at all.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:15 PM
1 mom liked this
Personally I only breastfed because it was easier and cheaper then formula
lovemyfriend
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Do it.  It is weird, but its an amazing weird.  At least try it.  And it takes a while to get the hang of it for you and baby.  It took me about 2 weeks to really feel like I was doing it right.  Your body is designed to do it, though.  Good luck!

jillbailey26
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:16 PM

Just try it out.  See how it works for you.  You may feel differently afterwards and you may not, but at least you would've tried.

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and to mutual edification"  Romans 14:19

sandra_t00
by ChaChi on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:17 PM
I liked it. I bonded with both my children and it was kind of weir at first, but you will get used to it

Plus, that 200 bucks you save by breastfeeding, you can use towards other baby items, like cute clothes :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JayeC2
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:18 PM

I wish everyone would try it.  With my first, I wasn't sure I would like it, but I did.  It will take a week or two to get into a good groove with it, but it's SO much easier than bottles and formula.  I do realize that it's not for everyone - and I'm not a mama that will bash those who choose not to.  

winkyloafer
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:18 PM
What's weird about it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:18 PM
It's the best thing I've ever done. It's not easy at first but after awhile its easy and makes me proud of myself. And no, not bashing formula, because I had to ff my firstborn. But theres a clear difference.
Des10ed2b
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:20 PM
1 mom liked this

you get used to it very quickly. babies look SOOOO cute when they are nursing with their little cheeks all puffed and their lips out. it is adorable. it is awesome bonding time. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:23 PM
1 mom liked this

What the heck? Our breasts exist for nursing our babies. How can he not see that? He's just thinking they belong to him. If he were my husband, he'd just have to put up with it..

I nursed and formula fed with my 4 children. I'm not against formula, but the reasons you give that it is "weird" and that your dh doesn't want you to do it....are immature.

bellaamore
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 4:24 PM

It was always strange for me to even tnk about before my daughter.

I had never even seen anyone do it before and the idea was so foreign.

Once i had her, it was very strange for a few days, especially when it was not as easy as i had hoped. Ithiught since it was natural, it would come to me naturally. It was definitely a learning curve. But, after the first few successful times it was amazing. It was something i still cant compare to anything else.

i am due with my second in june and im so ready to nurse the little thing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN