Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I Love My Pets! I would dump the husband over my pets!

Posted by   + Show Post

That's right. If he one day decided he hated pets, I would divorce him. There is no way I am giving up my cats and my pug. Not happening.

If my child were to become sick and the pets were affecting my child, I would have a special area set up for my lovely pets.

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

*marking the 599968yth post/reply being mean, evil, horrible, which makes me worse than anonymous*

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 5:25 PM
Replies (71-73):
thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:10 PM

LOL yes we had those times even with our huskies! Eventually we had to kick them off they just gott too big neither of us could sleep LOL 

But my cats still sleep with me. I get mad if hubby runs em off!

Quoting fairyjester:

heh this just showed up on my face book.

~~~~~         =^..^=        ~~~~~
I'm not the cat lady type. I'm more like an actual cat. I want affection when I want it and on my own terms. The rest of the time I want to claw out your eyes and piss in your shoes.  

*marking the 599968yth post/reply being mean, evil, horrible, which makes me worse than anonymous*

fairyjester
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:11 PM

guinea pigs are wonderful pets

Quoting thetrollcat:

Cats are debatable being outdoors.

I am a firm believer if you live in a community area (subdivision) or in town you really should not have cats if you do not plan to keep them indoors.

Now see I live in Montana. I also disagree with outdoor cats if you live in the mountains, they generally do not survive very long because they would be preditor of too many things so what is the point?

At the same time, cats are very handy if you do live outside town in a rural area or have acre of land or so they help control the mice/rat population. My granny lived in the rural area, some of the outdoor cats she had lived a very long life. But she also provided them shelter, food, water, cared for them. She did just get a cat and ignore it.

Dogs, they really are family orientated animals, it is not wise to own a dog to sit in the yard all day. Those dogs are generally unhappy unlike cats that are more independent.

Perhaps you could consider a fish, hamster, rabbit???

Quoting ihave1:

I agree. 

As a Muslim we should not have dogs in the home, so I wont have one at all.  Not going to leave it outside all the time kwim.     As for cats I love them,  I would not mind having one again, just my dh swears he  is allergic lol.   Not a fan of snakes, rats & other of those types so that is out.  Birds are to much, we had some  a few years back.      To not trust some one who doesnt love them is stupid (IMO) but what ever makes the fairy lady happy. 

Quoting thetrollcat:

I think there is a huge difference in preference verses trying to tell someone else what they can or cannot have.

That is point, if a person meets another person and both agree they never want to deal with pet hair and all that jazz thats fine! Hating on living things is uncalled for exceptions of spiders... and snakes... and...

Anyhow the point is, if one loves the companion of animals then the person which they date should never force them to give up their fur babies. Perhaps that person (dislikes animals) should date and match up with someone like them.

Its really compatiblity thing.

Quoting ihave1:

lmao you dont trust people who dont love  pets.  Guess you dont trust me.  I have no pets nor do I want them.   It isnt b/c I dont care it is other  reasons. 

Quoting fairyjester:

I would never marry anyone in the first place if  he did not love pets,   actually do not trust people who don't .    One of the first things i find out about a person.

Quoting Anonymous:

Sort of sad that you chose the animals over your dh. 

"oh look they ate a baby,  how rude"---  Monroe

edelweiss23
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:05 PM
Indeed!
He bottle fed both of them for 4 weeks until they could eat solid foods.

They totally adore him, and follow him around the house like a dog. The male is the most beautiful blue/lilac point Siamese I have ever seen.

Quoting thetrollcat:

your hubby is awesome, what a great guy~!

Quoting edelweiss23:

The first thing my hubby asked on our first date, was "if you don't like cats, this will never work". He has 2 Siamese cats that he rescued as 4 week old kittens from a sewer drain someone dumped them in c

The cats now love me just as much a him.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)