Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What the heck do I do with those?!?!

Posted by   + Show Post

My brother and SIL gave me earrings for Christmas, the problem is I don't even have pierced ears so I couldn't wear these earrings if I wanted to. They did not give me a gift receipt so I can't return them, so what do I do with them? I would like to try and sell them but I don't want to offend them, although it is a little offensive that they couldn't put more thought into my gift and its not like they didn't know, we are around them all the time. So would it be okay to sell them or what do ya'll think?

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 5:28 PM
Replies (21-24):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 20, 2013 at 5:38 PM
Ahh, well in that case I would just drop them in the jewelry box and forget about them.

Quoting Armymom134:

Quoting Anonymous:

Pierce your ears?

Even if I did pierce my ears I couldn't wear these earrings because I am allergic to most metals, I can only wear gold or platinum.

Armymom134
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Quoting kissesxoxo8882:

why not get your ears pierced?

I have had my ears pierced once, in high school and I couldn't keep them open, and I couldn't wear cheap jewelry because I am allergic to most metals, anything that has any amount of nickel will give me a rash or if put in my ears (which I tried in high school) make my ears turn red and swell...no thanks.

finnbar
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:36 PM
You wont. Knowbody has to know you sold them. If anybody asks say "oh i just LOVE those earrings but my ears reacted when i wore em so i am keeping them for my funerial ensemble, when i'm dead my ears wont react and i will look so gorgeous laid out in my coffin"
They probably wont ask again

Quoting Armymom134:

Quoting finnbar:

Its obvious they put just about zero thought into this gift. Sell em. And don't feel guilty.

That is what DH said. I just don't want to come off as rude.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
imamombygrace
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:43 PM
My Mom gave my girls ear rings and they do not have pierced ears. So I turned one into a necklace pendant and the other into a zipper on her favorite jacket. Looks cute when they wear them together.

You could also turn them into an awesome hair barrett. I had a small broach break in back..I used an alligator clip and some hot glue for a fancy hair clip.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN