Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

This gun thing is out of control...Kindergartner suspended for terroist threat...

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 115 Replies
1 mom liked this

Her weapon of choice...

Here is the article..

Her weapon of choice? A small, Hello Kitty automatic bubble blower.

The kindergartner, who attends Mount Carmel Area Elementary School in Pennsylvania, caught administrators' attention after suggesting she and a classmate should shoot each other with bubbles.

"I think people know how harmless a bubble is. It doesn't hurt," said Robin Ficker, an attorney for the girl's family. According to Ficker, the girl, whose identity has not been released, didn't even have the bubble gun toy with her at school.

The kindergartner was ordered to undergo a psychological evaluation during her 10-day suspension, which was later reduced to two days. The evaluation deemed the girl normal and not a threat to others, Ficker said.

The girl's family is considering a lawsuit against the school to get the blemish - all because of bubbles - off their daughter's record.

"The mother has tried to get the girl in another school since this time, and they won't take the little girl because of this mark on her record," Ficker said.

The suspension comes one month after the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre, which has created a heightened sense of alert at schools across the country.

The Mount Carmel Area School District told ABC News, "We are confident that much of the information supplied to the media may not be consistent with the facts… The Mount Carmel Area School District takes the well-being and safety of students and staff very seriously."

I think this is a bit extreme she was a 5 year old with a bubble maker, people are over reacting and out of control, this is nonsense and way way to extreme! She didnt even bring the gun to school, she was just talking about it shooting bubbles. Its sad when you cant even use a word anymore, when I drop something I sometimes will say something like, "Oh shoot!" or If I forget something  will say, "Well shoot!" Its sad when you cant even use a word anymore without being punished, people need to calm down, this world have become a world of extremists, a man going to jail over a bubble bath and a girl having a pysch review over bubbles!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:15 PM

BU MP

momto2boys973
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:18 PM
4 moms liked this

Yeah, that is just ridiculous. Just goes to show that the main problem with society is a total lack of perspective and common sense...

crumpy_gat
by No. on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:18 PM
Omfg
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
singlemom1208
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:20 PM
No common sense at all in that administration
momof2girls89
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:20 PM
2 moms liked this

Completely insane. I would be livid! and what is this "ORDERED to undergo a psychological evaluation" bullshit? I would tell them to fuck off. For real. 

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I dont think toy guns should be in the schools.

livric
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:22 PM

smdh  that poor little girl :(    gosh, how DARE she want to blow bubbles!!   definitely a terroist!!!

TheMrs407
by Emerald Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I am really hoping there is more than a bubble blower to this story.
emeraldangel2.0
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:22 PM

Quoting singlemom1208:

No common sense at all in that administration

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:23 PM

ITs not even really a toy gun, its a bubble blower!

Quoting thetrollcat:

I dont think toy guns should be in the schools.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)