Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is 99.1 a small fever?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I think I'm starting to get sick :( I woke up this morning with a bump on my lip like a cold sore is coming up. I felt fine earlier but my whole body has started aching. I feel like crap. I decided to check my temp and its 99.1.

Blah :(
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:24 PM
Replies (11-20):
gcstar42
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:13 PM

Not really, but that doesn't mean that it is not on its way up. It could get higher and actually turn into a fever.

momma1708
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:14 PM

I am always a big baby when I get over 98.something. I don't like it when my kids get that way either. I know it isn't a big deal but still. I hope you feel better! 

SpiritedWitch
by Froggie on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:15 PM

For me it would be ... my normal temp is 96. 

Hope you feel better soon. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:15 PM

It depends on what is normal for you. My body temp is constantly 1.2 degrees below "normal" so that temperature does leave me feeling pretty crappy. I very rarely get fevers though, a few weeks ago my temperature was 101.9 and I was hallucinating, that was pretty high for my body.

muzzyh
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:16 PM
No
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mom2hadley
by Heather on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:16 PM
Nope
annas_momma
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:17 PM
Normal temp range is 97.6-99.6.

Anything ranging from 99.7-100.4 could be from anything. Even though it is considered a low grade temp at that range it doesn't mean that you really have a fever. It can get that high from take a shower or jogging.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:18 PM

yes, i would consider it a low grade fever. My daughter is currently sick and she has a fever of 99.8 and she can barely get off the couch. 

piesmama09
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:21 PM

99.1 is more like you just had a sip of something warm, it's some people's 'normal'....my 'normal' is 97.0 not everyone is 98.6

cnieno
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:23 PM

A fever can be anything over the normal body temperature. The normal body temperature is 98.6 so if it goes up more or doesnt go away after taking tylenol and doing other things to help then I would call the doctor.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN