Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Is 99.1 a small fever?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I think I'm starting to get sick :( I woke up this morning with a bump on my lip like a cold sore is coming up. I felt fine earlier but my whole body has started aching. I feel like crap. I decided to check my temp and its 99.1.

Blah :(
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:24 PM
Replies (21-26):
celestegood
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:26 PM
99.6 is the minimum to be considered a low grade fever. If you took the temp under your arm add one degree.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bellaamore
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:29 PM

Quoting balagan_imma:

It's an elevation in your temp., but fully within "normal" limits.

Doesn't mean you don't feel like crap, it just means that you don't have a fever.

How do you know if thats elevated for her?

Normal temp range is between 98 and 100.

MrsErdos2011
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:30 PM

This. Personally I wouldn't bother making a doctor appointment until it hit 102. Anything under that your body's natural defenses are your best bet

Quoting celestegood:

99.6 is the minimum to be considered a low grade fever. If you took the temp under your arm add one degree.

I may not be a perfect wife or mother but I am perfect in the eyes of my son and my husband and that is all that matters.

Ultra_
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:31 PM

No, doctor said so. My mom swears I'm wrong and tells me so when the kids have that temp. Ugh.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:43 PM
When do you go when you're pregnant? Is it like 104?

Quoting MrsErdos2011:

This. Personally I wouldn't bother making a doctor appointment until it hit 102. Anything under that your body's natural defenses are your best bet

Quoting celestegood:

MrsErdos2011
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:53 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

When do you go when you're pregnant? Is it like 104?

Quoting MrsErdos2011:

Quoting celestegood:

I may not be a perfect wife or mother but I am perfect in the eyes of my son and my husband and that is all that matters.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)