Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Batman is not a real super hero edit #2

And he cant fly. My son is getting really mad everytime I say this lol. Hes yelling at me. Hes 3. *** edit : I am not saying hes not a super hero because he cant fly those were 2 seperate statements. Batman does not have super powers so even though he technically is a hero hes not a SUPER hero and btw I love batman hes my favorite hero I just thought it was cute that ds was getting so upset. And who knew so many grown women could get so upset over a fictional character lol. ***** edit #2 ok nevermind batman is real and he is a superhero and he can fly if you tell my son otherwise he will cry and it will break his heart. He just got very upset (he will not accept that batman glides. If he has a cape he can fly)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 6:37 PM
Replies (41-50):
ninjakids
by Christina on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:01 PM
THANK YOU!
me and a friend argue about this all the time haha

Quoting PinkButterfly66:

Batman can too fly-- in the bat-copter.  He IS TOO a super hero.  Adam West will ALWAYS be the best Batman!

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
wulfeyes05
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:02 PM
Quoting Angelanscalf89:

He uses intelligence and his amazing power of deduction along with all his awesome gadgets. He's like Sherlock Holmes with a mask and cape. He's a total superhero.
Angelanscalf89
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:03 PM
Okay then iron man isnt a super hero either I wasnt thinking about him. And cat woman is a thief who does jobs for hire and is really smart and fast. No one ever said she was a super hero lol

Quoting ninjakids:

Tony stark (aka iron man) doesnt have any real powers he uses a suit, the suit enables him to fly...same as batman..so he can still fly.

Cat woman doesnt have any real power (yes she can be classed as a super hero..she works for the highest payer)

Quoting Angelanscalf89:

I just addressed that in a comment I wasnt saying that all superheros fly. It was 2 diff comments my son insists batman can fly lol. Batman has gadgets not super powers.

Quoting ninjakids:

Okay Im just saving my seat in the shit show..however....

The hulk...

Spiderman...

Superman..

None of the can fly...and no superman cant fly he leaps.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wulfeyes05
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:04 PM
Agent Liberty (ex-intelligence agent, gymnast)
Arrowette (archer, athlete)
Bonnie King
Cissie King-Jones
Speedy/*Arsenal/*Red Arrow (ex-intelligence agent, weaponer, Hwa Rang Do master, archer)
Blackhawks (various pilots and adventurers)
Batgirl, DC Comics moniker for Batman allies (martial artists)
Bat-Girl (Bette Kane) Golden Age Batgirl
Batgirl (Barbara Gordon) (genius, librarian, congresswoman, martial artist, computer expert)
Batgirl (Helena Bertinelli) (martial artist)
Batgirl (Cassandra Cain) (martial arts master, assassin)
Batgirl (Stephanie Brown) (martial artist)
Batman (martial arts master, detective, inventor, master strategist, billionaire, scientist)
Batman (Bruce Wayne), the first and original Batman.
Batman (Dick Grayson), the first Robin to serve under Bruce Wayne and the second Batman of Gotham City.
Batman (Jason Todd), the second Robin. He is the second Batman on Earth-15.
Batman (Tim Drake), the third Robin. He replaces Bruce Wayne in some continuities, notably the Titans Tomorrow continuity.
Batman (Damian Wayne), the 5th and current Robin. Portrayed as the successor to Bruce Wayne and Dick Grayson in a possible future of mainstream continuity (prior to Flashpoint).
Batman (Terry McGinnis), the second Batman in the DCAU/Earth-12 universe and the fourth Batman in a possible future of mainstream continuity (prior to Flashpoint).
Batwoman (multiple female counterparts to Batman)
Bronze Tiger (martial arts master)
Blue Beetle (Ted Kord) (acrobat, inventor, martial artist)
Catwoman (master thief, judo expert, gymnast, whip master)
Catwoman (Holly Robinson) second Catwoman
Connor Hawke (archer, martial artist)
Crimson Avenger (Lee Travis) (gunman, fighter, investigator)
Richard Dragon (One of the top masters of the martial arts within the DC Universe)
Gangbuster (police officer, martial artist)
Green Arrow (master archer, arsenal of trick arrows, hand-to-hand combat training, swordsman)
Guardian (security guard, fighter)
Human Target (master of disguise, gunman, martial artist)
Huntress (martial artist, weaponer, gymnast)
Judomaster (martial artist, soldier)
Katana (master swordswoman, fighter)
Karate Kid (martial arts expert, teacher)
Lady Shiva (supreme martial artist)
Manhunter (fighter, gunman, investigator, bounty hunter)
Midnight (gunman, skilled hand-to-hand combatant)
Nemesis (U.S. operative, gunman, master of disguise)
Nightwing (master martial artist, strategist, detective, worlds greatest gymnast)
Onyx (assassin, archer, gymnast, martial artist)
Oracle (master strategist, leader, investigator, information technologist)
Robin, DC Comics moniker for Batman sidekicks (martial artists)
Jason Todd, later Red Hood
Robin (Tim Drake)
Stephanie Brown, aka Spoiler
Robin Hood (master archer, swordsman)
Rorschach (comics) (detective, conspirator)
Savant (gymnast, fighter, strategist, genius)
Sandman (1940s mystery man who used special knockout gas guns)
Speedy, DC Comics moniker for Green Arrow sidekicks (expert archers and martial artists)
Roy Harper, later Arsenal and Red Arrow
Mia Dearden
Spoiler (trained as Robin the Girl-Wonder)
The Question (including Renee Montoya) (Genius intelligence, Brilliant detective with superior inquisitive mind and deductive reasoning)
Unknown Soldier (U.S. operative, master gunman/marksman, weaponer, martial artist)
Vigilante (rider, gunman, marksman)
Wildcat (boxing champ, athlete)

Angelanscalf89
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:05 PM
I give up. It was a joke but everyone has to be so serious about it. :(

Quoting wulfeyes05:

Quoting Angelanscalf89:

He uses intelligence and his amazing power of deduction along with all his awesome gadgets. He's like Sherlock Holmes with a mask and cape. He's a total superhero.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:05 PM
That's debatable.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Hs superpower is that his parents were killed....what kind of a superpower power is that anyway?? :)

JMmomof2
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:05 PM
My husband and I argue this weekly. It has causes some fun fights.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
LucyHarper
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:05 PM

Yes he is. You don't have to fly to be a superhero, that's not a requirement. Superhero means they possess extraordinary powers, that they can do things that others can't, batman physically and mentally can do things that normal people can't do. Batman falls under the Acrobatic classification of superhero according to DC, meaning "A hero whose skills rely on their incredible aerobic & gymnastic abilities, their own stamina and reflexes" So he's a super hero. Super powers don't need to be unnatural powers. Better not let my ten year old brother and five year old son hear you saying blasphemy like that, they will show up outside your door.

wulfeyes05
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:08 PM
Quoting Angelanscalf89:

Everyone in this post is joking. I mean Batman's pretty awesome, but he's just a fictional character lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)