Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you be able to pay all of your bills for one month with $1000?

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Could you pay all your bills for $1000?

Options:

Yes

No

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 823

View Results

Could you? My rent is $750, cable/internet/phone is $140, and gas, power, and water are about $200 combined. So no I wouldn't be able to pay all mine with $1000. I haven't even accounted for insurance.

What about you?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2013 at 7:09 PM
Replies (481-490):
GirlWithANikon
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:15 PM

WHAT my rent for a 3 bedroom is OVER A GRAND ALONE! And I ain't livin the ritz girl, lemme tell you that. I'm proud of what we always have but its modest. We usually rent around 1200 sq ft 3 br and thats over a grand no utils included every place I have ever lived except Yelm, Wa 3 years ago it was 950. lol Oh and renters insurance is not in my rent either and most places make you have it. since i cant live there with out it throw it in my "rent money" allotment so even that place wasnt under a grand to rent technically

mcrowley22
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:16 PM

We have $1500 in bills (this includes groceries) it would cover water, power, rent and car insurance. along with about 2 weeks of groceries 

Superlaura328
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:16 PM

LOL no way in Hell. That doesn't even cover my rent.

chalisa0
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:17 PM

Oh God no!  I pay more than that just for dd's college tuition alone.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:17 PM

That doesn't even cover rent!

MommySally
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:17 PM
That wouldn't even cover our stinking mortgage.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommy2angels427
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:17 PM

heck no.... we own our home, but we still couldn't.

TattoodMommy19
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:19 PM
No. My bills monthly total 1150
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:22 PM

Yes.

My rent is $425. My utilities together are about $100. Between the cable/Internet and my phone that is another $200. I don't have a car, don't pay for insurance. With the food I buy, taxables, etc it would be more than enough.

Of course it helps that I work at a discount store and get most of my taxables there. With my discount it honestly makes some things completely free.

Say if I spent $40. My discount on that would be $8. So basically I just got 8 dollars worth of stuff for free!

amggo89
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:26 PM
Right now we could. We have had to have a major life change since DH was hurt while working out of town back in September. We havent had any income since. To pay what needs to be paid right now is right around 500 a month. But typically, no way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured