Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Before and after pics of weight loss **ETA**

Posted by   + Show Post

**ETA** I am actually SHOCKED that everyone is being so nice.  Thank you ladies.  :)  (I am sure someone will come in and blow it though.)

On occasion, people will ask me to post before and after pics since I had gastric bypass. I have posted some in the past, but it has been a long time.  I always tell people that I will post them and then I forget. So, here you go.  Have fun anons!  lol

Three and a half years out of surgery and pregnant, I still maintain a healthy weight.

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:08 PM
Replies (61-70):
TrouserMouse
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:26 PM

I have some "bat wing" issues, but I figure as I age that I was going to get that anyway. All women do for the most part.  I have a very small piece of skin at the bottom of my stomach that is no big deal.  Most of my excess skin is in my hips and thighs because that is where I carried all of my weight. It bothers me a little, but I feel so much better that I figure it is just a trade off. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Did you have a lot of extra skin?

SamsMomSays
Have you had any malabsorption issues? Did you have any skin removed? How old are you? What state are you in?
Hope you don't mind all the questions... :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TrouserMouse

Lol, people say that all of the time.  I still haven't figured out why.  :)

Quoting Anonymous:

I'm shocked. For some reason I thought you were black!

TrouserMouse
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:28 PM

The gastric bypass didn't help or hurt me from getting pregnant.  I already had ovulation issues due to my thyroid disease though. I do not ovulate on a regular basis.  I have had zero issues with the pregnancy.

Quoting vicky33006:

I don't know much about weight loss surgery at all. My doctor mentioned it to me when I was my biggest, but I've been lucky enough to have an easier journey to losing it than other people I know. My question though, did it cause any problems getting pregant? I've never known someone to have a child after gastric bypass, but I did know someone to have one after lap band, but it was after she had already gained back all of the weight.

TrouserMouse
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:29 PM

At my lowest weight, I had lost 116 lbs. 

Quoting wineisfine:

Wow congrats, how much did you lose?

singlemama0905
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:29 PM
1 mom liked this
you look great!
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:29 PM
6 moms liked this
I had gastric bypass im down 75 pounds:)
TrouserMouse
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this

Well, the first 7 months or so it is a very quick weight loss. I am thinking it took almost a year though. It is hard for me to remember the specifics.

Quoting crazysheep:

You look great! So how long does it take for the weight to go down?

vicky33006
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:30 PM

Well that's great! You look amaxing! And congrats on the healthy pregnancy :)

Quoting TrouserMouse:

The gastric bypass didn't help or hurt me from getting pregnant.  I already had ovulation issues due to my thyroid disease though. I do not ovulate on a regular basis.  I have had zero issues with the pregnancy.

Quoting vicky33006:

I don't know much about weight loss surgery at all. My doctor mentioned it to me when I was my biggest, but I've been lucky enough to have an easier journey to losing it than other people I know. My question though, did it cause any problems getting pregant? I've never known someone to have a child after gastric bypass, but I did know someone to have one after lap band, but it was after she had already gained back all of the weight.

tears78
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Not sure if u posted this , I was wondering how long it took to start loosing and are u able to exercise ok?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)