Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Struggling to breathe 26 weeks pregnant?! UPDATE *Advice needed please!!*

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:10 PM
  • 58 Replies

I'm 26 weeks pregnant with my first, and for the last week ESPECIALLY last few days I've been periodically STRUGGLING to breathe. It'll hurt really bad in between my breasts from struggling so hard, I'll even shake. Does ANYONE know what this could be caused from? I'm not sick whatsoever, so that's not it.

It happens frequently throughout the day and every night too. I have an appt with my O.B in 4 days, so I'll talk to her about it then. I feel like I might need an oxygen tank or something :( 

Did anyone ever have this happen to them while pregnant?

EDIT: I went to the doctor and told her all of this. Her response was "You're only 26 weeks, you should be feeling great. Normally this stuff doesn't occur until 35+weeks" Well, obviously every pregnancy is different and I'm NOT AT ALL feeling okay.

She also asked me if I get anxiety. I said SOMETIMES due to stress but that's NOT when I have breathing troubles, and it's rare that I feel anxious. She also said "it's not asthma, bc there's no wheezing" ....

I know she's a Doctor and all, but THIS DOESN'T SEEM RIGHT. I'm struggling to breathe so much, even right now as I'm sitting on my couch typing this.

What should I do now??? 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lilfishbigocean
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Not I... Here's a bump though. That's scary.

wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:12 PM

with my first DD (I was 21) I found out that I had asthma and pregnacy made it worse!

wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:12 PM

Ive never had that happen. You should call your OB tomorrow and ask about it.

Do your lips or fingernails turn blue when it happens? If so go to the ER if it happens again

Srvp20
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:12 PM
1 mom liked this
It's normal mama when you get bigger it's gna hurt to stand, sit or even lay down. It's all worth it tho. :) congrats on your little blessing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
layawatling
by Laya on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:13 PM
I ws told it was my hormones.
wkukid
by Ocean Wave on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:15 PM

It's normal to have a hard time breathing in the second half of pregnancy. If its that bad I would call my doctor before the appointment.

kblossom20
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:15 PM

No, nothing turns blue. I'll definitely call my doc tomorrow -__-

Quoting wrensong:

Ive never had that happen. You should call your OB tomorrow and ask about it.

Do your lips or fingernails turn blue when it happens? If so go to the ER if it happens again

JamesMom714
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:17 PM
I had that a bit about he same time, I got checked out and their best bet was all the organs moving up making room for baby...

Best to get checked out just in case.... I likely would with a second... I'm a Nervous Nelly when it comes to pregnancy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tyner_brylee
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:17 PM
I had with both of my pregnancys, i am hoping that o won't with baby #3. Right now i am only 7 weeks
kblossom20
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:29 PM

Did you ever tell your doc about it??

Quoting tyner_brylee:

I had with both of my pregnancys, i am hoping that o won't with baby #3. Right now i am only 7 weeks

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)