Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschool parents!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 85 Replies
Tell me all about it. We live in a great district but I'm still thinking of pulling my Kindergartner out...the only reason I haven't is she loves her friends.

She's in K and already been bullied. Plus I fear the world isn't safe for young children to be in public schools anymore. Not just because the shooting but it's astonishing how many teachers get fired for sexual harassment or several awful things!

I need to know more about it though to make the decision. Does the state do anything to be involved in the system like it does public school? How many hours a day is school? How do they get socialized? What curriculum do you use? Is it expensive? Do your kids like it? Tell me what I need to know...

Don't comment if your anti homeschool that isn't what my post is about!!
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TSNDDY
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:08 PM
1 mom liked this
We aren't homeschooling yet, my oldest is only 4. State requirements will vary depending where you live. I would suggest reading up on the different homeschooling methods & figuring out what style suits your family. Curriculum costs will vary greatly depending on what type if homeschooling you decide on.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:10 PM
I'm just as curious and my reasoning is that I don't like how sex and openness of sexuality is becoming more popular and even in younger age groups. Society is sexualizing young kids, I see 8 yr olds who wear clothing showing off their body shape and the girls stick out their butts and chest already. Boys are wearing skinny jeans. I don't want my kids in public school and can't afford private school.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:10 PM

We homeschool, and we love it!  Go for it.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:11 PM
6 moms liked this
*rolls eyes*

Homeschooling won't protect your child from the world. Eventually they will have to face the cold hard truth.
Mama2HCA
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:14 PM
check out naturemom.com its awesome! they have a whole section on homeschooling :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:14 PM
4 moms liked this
While they are this young I can. And again....I don't need your opinion...read the bottom of my post.

And careful before your eyes get stuck in the back of your head!

Quoting Anonymous:

*rolls eyes*

Homeschooling won't protect your child from the world. Eventually they will have to face the cold hard truth.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:14 PM
1 mom liked this
I had neighbors w 3 kids who were homeschooled. They were in other activities as well, and went on to be very successful in life. A very modest kind of people. So yes in a way that can protect them from some of the filth out there.

Quoting Anonymous:

*rolls eyes*

Jessy613
by Diamond Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:15 PM

Bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:16 PM
HSLDA.ORG has all the legal info you will need. Good luck
all2gethernow
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:16 PM
Go for it!! My kids have never been to school, have awesome lives, strong minds and tons of friends and interests. They are 12,14,16 and 18 next week:) they have been allowed to be a part of the world:)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)