Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Did you get your kid a flu shot? Pissed off over here! ETA

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 113 Replies
1 mom liked this
I'm not anti-vax, but I didn't want my child to get the flu shot. His father and I have always agreed on this. (We are not together anymore.)

Ds is with him for the weekend. He just sent me an email saying he took our son to a health fair today and got him a flu shot? I am pissed! May I add that he is the NON-CUSTODIAL parent?! Decisions like these need to be discussed and agreed upon. Would you be upset or am I blowing up over nothing?

ETA: So I'm not repeating myself in all the comments, as per the court order, non-emergency medical care is to be discussed and agreed upon by both of us.

ETA2: I have a medical background;ex and his wife do not. There have been many documented instances where ds has been injured and they have not sought medical care, requiring me to take ds to the ER immediately upon his return home; overmedicating him (He was once given 6 days' worth of antibiotics in three days);combining meds that can't be combined;and he is frequently taken into wooded areas without mosquito repellent, even though he's highly allergic to them. Then he comes back with infected bites and has to get antibiotics. Some of these things happened during our custody battle which is one of the reasons I was awarded custody and it's in the order that things like these must be discussed with me I would have considered the shot this year but I should have been asked.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Johariz
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:31 PM
3 moms liked this
I'd be pissed too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:31 PM

You're overreacting.

shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:31 PM
3 moms liked this

non custodial or not he is still the boy's father, unless the court order says he cannot make any medical decisions then there is no argument....on the other hand, I got my kids the shot, their over 18 brother chose not to get his...guess who was in the hospital with the flu last week? Not the twins....

LittlePistol87
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:32 PM
Oh yea. Id be overly pissed since he dont even know your son's medical history.
hollyandjason
by Bronze Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:32 PM
I have been putting off as much as I can.
norwgnwood
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:33 PM
5 moms liked this
I'd be pissed, too! That's so wrong. I'm not anti VAX but we don't do flu shots.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kitchen.ninja
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:33 PM
You are overreacting. Calm down.
owl0210
by Emerald Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:33 PM
1 mom liked this

If you have joint legal custody he can get him the flu shot. I was dealing with the same issue with my ex-husband. I'm not against the flu shot but I haven't gotten it for our son yet and told him if he wants to take him on his weekend by all means go for it and he keeps telling me it's my responsibility which it solely isn't because we have joint legal custody,

mom2priceboys
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:33 PM

we are a vaxing family including the flu and the hpv for my boys. If my boys could get birth control shots they would do that also!!! 

Ideal_Lady
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:33 PM
That would piss me off
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN