Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

PIOG..... Child abuse/custody?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies
PIOG but group is kinda dead right now so I'm bumping in here

Here's the deal.

I'm relocating across the country to be with my fiancé in the army. We're going to get married after we move. I am a divorced single mother. My son goes to his dads house every weekend, I have physical custody and we have joint legal custody. I'm fighting for sole legal and physical custody and to move and change the parenting plan.

My case, I have a restraining order on father, he has a PT job, he hasn't paid me child support in over a year, he pretends to be the best role model but he's horrible and my son is scared of him. I'm very stable and will be even more stable after being married.

What are my chances?

ETA

Well as unfortunate as this is my chances are better now, as I picked my son up from his father house this past weekend he had immediatly told me his dad hit him with a hammer and umbrella and had 4 different marks on him, his dad hit him with the hammer handle. I took my son to the ER and got X-rays done and TRO on my ex for my son. Idk where to go from here and what to do about everything. Any advice?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:34 PM
Bump
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:36 PM
Bump
mouthyhousewife
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:38 PM
How old is your son?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:40 PM
He will be 5 in 2 months

Quoting mouthyhousewife:

How old is your son?

squeekers
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:42 PM

photograph everything, keep a copy of the xrays, and record it all for the judge

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:45 PM
All of that is done. His dad didn't break skin but left bruises on 4 different areas, I mean idk this is a big deal to me, police are down playing it. Could he get child abuse for this?

Quoting squeekers:

photograph everything, keep a copy of the xrays, and record it all for the judge

mouthyhousewife
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:46 PM
Did you file a police report about the incidences? If not, I would do that asap. If you have a lawyer have him file ex partè for emergency temporary custody. You could call protective services and press charges on him. Document everything. The marks, the x-rays etc...

Quoting Anonymous:

He will be 5 in 2 months

Quoting mouthyhousewife:

How old is your son?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:49 PM

i would document everything and report it

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:50 PM
I made the hospital call the police and filed a police report with them. I've been speaking with the domestic violence people and want to get cps involved and interview my son. I have a temporary restraining order on my e husband for my child and our trial is in 2 weeks to get a permanent one

Quoting mouthyhousewife:

Did you file a police report about the incidences? If not, I would do that asap. If you have a lawyer have him file ex partè for emergency temporary custody. You could call protective services and press charges on him. Document everything. The marks, the x-rays etc...

Quoting Anonymous:

He will be 5 in 2 months

Quoting mouthyhousewife:

How old is your son?

mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:50 PM

he is hitting your son.   not spanking.  he is hitting him with an object leaving bruises.  your son is afraid of him. YES that is abuse

Quoting Anonymous:

All of that is done. His dad didn't break skin but left bruises on 4 different areas, I mean idk this is a big deal to me, police are down playing it. Could he get child abuse for this?

Quoting squeekers:

Have you been sexually assualted? Been in a controlling relationship? Have you ever felt no one knows how you feel?  Well i do. Click on my siggy and join my support group! Hope to see you there!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)