Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

A nagging MIL

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies

My mil constantly nags about me having another baby.  I have a 7 year old and I have thought about having another child, it has never been my priority to get pregnant.  I like my freedom that I have with my child and when the time comes it will happen.

Everytime she asks I always tell her no, not now.  I even told her why don't she adopt a baby and do whatever instead of asking me or waiting for her daughter to get pregnant and she thought that I was joking with her and laughed it off.  This bitch is crazy.  I feel like I'm developing touretts talking to her!!!!!

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
LilliesValley
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:37 PM

My daughter is 6, and luckily only my SIL bugs me about having another baby. LOL! My mom even doesn't want me to have another one she says one is enough! Actually we have the opposite problem, if I get pregnant again I think my family will go ape shit because we don't have a lot of money. We've been trying since June to get pregnant and I've had 2 miscarriages, and haven't been able to share that with my family because as upset as I am over that they would be so upset over the fact that I'm trying to get pregnant that it wouldn't be worth it. It will happen when it happens though. I think it's great you told her to adopt, maybe if you keep telling her the idea will catch on.

tifbrown
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:40 PM
I apologize on behalf of people that do that. I know it's annoying as hell, but I always bug people about having more kids. People bug me about it too though. I just want other people to have babies so I can hold them and give them back and not have to have more of my own haha.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:41 PM

I should of stayed babyless  yrs ago when my youngest at the time was 11 yrs old. I loved the freedom but then DH and I got a wild hair up our asses two yrs ago (youngest was now 12 yrs old) and had two more children. Now I am changing diapers and up in the middle of the night at the ripe old age of 44. "le stupid sigh"

kikibix
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:43 PM
1 mom liked this

It's just conversation.  Obviously she does not control your choices in reproduction.   A lot of people ask these types of insensitive questions or make comments like when are you getting married, when are you going to have kids. Take it for what it is conversation. I think you were on the right track in telling her to adopt, when she says stuff turn it back on her in a joking fashion eg.  I'll get pregnant after you do.  Maybe after I win the lottery. I need to have sex in order to get pregnant (imagine how that one would go over lol). 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2013 at 9:49 PM

LMAO!!!!!!!!

I understand it's conversation.  When I told her to adopt that happened yesterday, I was with her today with my hubby and we started to talke about a puppy that she text me, she asked what I thought about it and I said the the dog is cute be the hubby and I are still thinking about it.  She mocks me by saying having a dog is like taking care of a baby.    Then we passed by a dance studio and I commented and how the little girls looked cute in their leotards and she said oh well go have my granddaughter and you could do the cute things with her

WTF

Quoting kikibix:

It's just conversation.  Obviously she does not control your choices in reproduction.   A lot of people ask these types of insensitive questions or make comments like when are you getting married, when are you going to have kids. Take it for what it is conversation. I think you were on the right track in telling her to adopt, when she says stuff turn it back on her in a joking fashion eg.  I'll get pregnant after you do.  Maybe after I win the lottery. I need to have sex in order to get pregnant (imagine how that one would go over lol). 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN