Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Hoping CPS actually does their job this time.. Update:.

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 87 Replies
My 6 year old step son had his nose broken. He has to have surgery to have it repaired because it is obstructing his airways. Looks like I will be calling CPS, again... This is the 5th or 6th time in the last 3 months that he has been seriously injured. Maybe this time CPS will actually do their job and do something to help him...

Update: I dont have time to respond to each individual comment, sorry, so I will try to summarize and answer the majority.

Yes boyfriend did it, although BM told the hospital he was hit with a baseball. The social worker at the hospital is a joke, she said she recieved conflicting stories from ss and bm, and because he is only 6, he could be confused and they have to go with the parents story.
Luckily, the cps worker we contacted through the county, is super nice and is doing a full investigation. We did contact the sheriff dept, they are also investigating, but we have to wait for ss to wake up a little more (he is still woozy from surgery) before they can talk to him. We flew in this morning, and are at the hospital. We filed for temp emergency custody, but it could be a few days before we get it, so we may be in BFE awhile... Either way, we are planning on leaving with ss, we will deal with contempt charges later if we have too...
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2013 at 10:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BEXi
by BEXi on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:06 PM

Omg!! Good luck :(

Money Hungry Mommy Blog

Perfect.Pixie
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:07 PM
How is he getting injured?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
DaconosMommy
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Quoting Perfect.Pixie:

ilovemyboys84
by Silver Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:08 PM

Quoting DaconosMommy:

Quoting Perfect.Pixie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:09 PM
Thanks. I am sooo angry right now. I think I might actually be madder than my dh lol. Idk how many times it is going to take before CPS does something. Hopefully this is it. I feel like they are liable (or should be) at this point, because they know about the problem and refuse to intervene

Quoting BEXi:

Omg!! Good luck :(

Jennyanne322
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Holy crap. Have you spoken to the social worker at the hospital? They may be able to help you.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:10 PM
According to BM, he got into a small disagreement with her crack head boyfriend of the week....

Quoting Perfect.Pixie:

TattoodMommy19
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:10 PM

Quoting Perfect.Pixie:

bmw29
by spitfire_bobbie on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Same question as above. I would need to know how he was being injured before saying anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:12 PM
I was just telling my dh that we should call the hospital and demand this be reported. Maybe if they report and we report, they will do something. Do I just ask to talk to the social worker on duty? Do you know how that works?

Quoting Jennyanne322:

Holy crap. Have you spoken to the social worker at the hospital? They may be able to help you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN