Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

S/O Bi-racial babies and family acceptance

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:24 PM
  • 91 Replies
1 mom liked this

So, I read the post about the woman who was pregnant by an African American man and living with her parents, who are racist, and she was hoping the baby wasn't born too dark, because the parents didn't know the father was black.

A lot of people called her a troll, and I have no idea if she is or isn't.

However, I had a similar issue when I was expecting my 13 yr old son. I am white and his father is Mexican. My mother, was a racist and she spent my whole pregnancy agonizing over how dark he would be. 

She threw a fit because I have him Hispanic middle names and his father's Hispanic last name.

When my son was born, he looked very Hispanic (still does). My mother fell in love with him and he eventually became her favorite grandchild (sadly yes she did play faves). She even bragged to people about her "beautiful Hispanic grandson"

So mom's of bi-racial babies, did your family have a hard time accepting the idea of a bi-racial child and if they did, did they change their mind once the baby was born?

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:26 PM

Is the father still with you?

5babies757
by Gold Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:27 PM
2 moms liked this
My mom is from England(white) and my dad is from New York (black) and apparently my moms side had all types of problems with it but as soon as my sister and I ( twins) were born they forgot all about it :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
BoxxyBabee
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I have a biracial son, everyone accepts and loves him
shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I have a white friend who married a black man, neither family accepted their daughter...it was very sad

wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:28 PM

No, he isn't. Honestly that pregnancy was a big whoops.

He offered to marry me, but I think it was just his honnor and upbringing that made him do it.

I am now married to a white man, but my mom passed away before this marriage.

Quoting Anonymous:

Is the father still with you?

Life in a Pagan Family (my blog)
http://lifeinapaganfamily.blog.com/
RissyLee
by Platinum Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:28 PM
Well, my only child is as white as can be, but I know my mom would be livid if I ended up with a mixed child. She has told me many times that races shouldn't mix.
HistoryNutty
by Ruby Member on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:29 PM
1 mom liked this
My child is bi-racial, but no problems whatsoever. I'm half Mexican and hubby is Mexican. That makes the kiddo more Mexican than I. :)
wrensong
by Pagan Mother on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:29 PM

That is very sad.

Both of my sisters by my bio mom (Im adopted and it was my adoptive mom who had an issue with my son) have black//white mixed babies, and their dad had a hard time accepting it at first, but he is ok with it now

Quoting shivasgirl:

I have a white friend who married a black man, neither family accepted their daughter...it was very sad

Life in a Pagan Family (my blog)
http://lifeinapaganfamily.blog.com/
ElizabethGracie
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:29 PM

I'm not racist at all,but my baby cousin is biracial but he looks very white...sometimes I wonder if I would feel differently or treat him if he looked more black. I know I'm going to get bashed for saying this,but I just think that everyone is subconsciously racist and we react differently to different people, kwim?

Btw,I'm not supporting racism in anyway! I have friends of all different color and ethnicities...just wanted to make that clear!

"Live as if you have faith and faith will be given to you."

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:30 PM
1 mom liked this
My family wasn't crazy about it, but once she got here they decide she was the most beautiful baby ever :)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN