Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Eye Color: Rare Top 5

Posted by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:30 PM
  • 260 Replies
1 mom liked this
Green: Mostly found in the Northern European countries, such as Finland, Norway, and Ice land, just 2% people out of the world’s population possess green eyes. The eyes take a emerald shade because of such people genetically produce less melanin in the eyes than others.

Amber: Also called wolf eyes (because amber eyes are most common in wolves) the golden yellow eyes with a touch of copper in them also makes me think of the sunset. The amber shade is because of the presence of lipochrome, the yellow pigment in the iris taking dominance.

Violet: Violet eyes are most found in albinos, and extremely rare otherwise. Bloodshot blue eyes also give off a violet shade, hence they it’s actually a trick of the mind, and so commonly mistaken from being actually violet.

Black: The debate still continues – Do black eyes actually exist or are they just very very dark brown eyes? Well, if they do exist, they are indeed very rare.

Red: Without any doubt, the most rare of all eye colors is red. (Picture red eyes – ugh, they give me the goosebumps). Though this eye color is mostly found in albinos, they are also found in people who have leakage of blood in their iris.

This has been one of the most interesting talks ever. It's really neat to find out something new about people. For those of you who shared pictures, you all have very beautiful eyes. For those of you who didn't I am certain you also have very beautiful eyes. Thanks for sharing everyone.

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MomyOf2forsix
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:30 AM
I must be rare. Lol green eyes all the way!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:31 AM
1 mom liked this

me too...green ones here, and my son and dd have them too

Quoting MomyOf2forsix:

I must be rare. Lol green eyes all the way!

Angelbabii407
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:32 AM
1 mom liked this
My mom, dad, me, and my son all have green eyes. My sister got brown.
MomyOf2forsix
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Well my oldest ds has sky blue like his Nana and my youngest big brown like his dady lol
Kaylawv2
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:33 AM
2 moms liked this
My eyes are very very dark brown they look black.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TurtleMomma82
by Barbie on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:34 AM
I have green eyes as well, dark like emeralds. I didn't think it was that rare though.
AF2011
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:34 AM
1 mom liked this

My eyes are hazel but they change colors with the weather and such.

XJetX
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:35 AM
1 mom liked this
Red eyes are not actually red, they are clear. Albinos possess no color pigmentation at all, so the red you see is actually blood behind the eyes.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bluescorpia
by Shanoon on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:36 AM
I have green hazel eyes that changes with what I wear or what mood I'm in...
raegansmom
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:36 AM

For about 3 years my DD's eyes were grey, now they are dark brown.  She is the only red head I've ever seen with dark brown eyes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)