Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

a 26 yo mother with no high school education? How can this happen?!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 205 Replies

Back about 6 months ago, I went to see a psychologist as per DH request.  I was/am having trouble in my life that is effecting everything from being able to do my work at home.  Keep a job.  I don't even have a HD.  I have been trying to get my GED or HD for 4 yrs.  And I try and work at it as much as I can.  Its not happening. I even paid $1500 for an online high school program, in which I did not finish in time.   So this psychologist says, given all of my symptoms she would bet that I had ADD.  She wanted me to see a psychiatrist.   I didn't get to seek out a psychiatrist for a little while, due to some family hardships.  The problem is, now DH has been laid off.  so we no longer have the health benefits.  I need to get my GED, and have been working tirelessly at it, with nothing to show for it.  I cannot retain anything that I have learned.  I have to read something 40 times just to learn even the slightest problem.   And now, since DH lost his job, I need to get a job.  But no one is going to hire me without an education.  I don't know what to do?  I don't have money to spend out of pocket on a Dr for help.  Is there anything else I can do?  I just want to get my GED done.  Its what I have been wanting for years.

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:47 PM
1 mom liked this

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:52 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:54 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:05 AM

bump

thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:13 AM
3 moms liked this

if you can write and read there really is no excuse why you cant learn, I think you just dont want to

meka26
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:15 AM

bump

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:18 AM
Apply at fast food places. I'm sorry, I hope you can get the help you need soon. That must be so hard on you. Do you by any chance suffer from depression? I know when I was depressed I was the same way with learning stuff.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:18 AM

sell eggs or be a surrogate?? be a maid? GL

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:19 AM
10 moms liked this
Don't be absurd. Lots of people can read and write but have learning disabilities that affect their ability to retain information.

Sounds like OP had issues learning, not with her ability to read.

Quoting thetrollcat:

if you can write and read there really is no excuse why you cant learn, I think you just dont want to

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:19 AM

Uhmm Ok , well thank you.  Not really helpfull but thanks for the bump.  I disagree

Quoting thetrollcat:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)