Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Seriously? Are you fu*^in kidding me?!

Posted by   + Show Post
Yeah I am lost when it comes to online slang.

What does trollin mean?

What does 'bump' mean?

Sorry I may be slow with the catching on lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:51 PM
Replies (21-30):
Caitlin1983
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:25 AM
Edited to add

Quoting ms_davis:

The one that I don't quite get is ETA. I know it basically means something was added but what does ETA actually stand for?

ms_davis
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:30 PM
Quoting Caitlin1983:

Thanks. Makes sense lol
Lalalie
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Well bump is just when you bump the post I believe, to keep it shown as 'recent' that would be my guess anyway.

Troll/trolling is fake, or a bogus story to rile people up or someone that likes to be mean and nasty and fake. Think like really mean pranksters.

Lalalie
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:51 PM

That's what I always thought it meant and so it never made sense to me! Haha, I never thought edited to add.

But I don't know if other people already put these but other ones that got me at first were:

SMH- Shaking my head

PIOG- Posted in other groups

and at first I didn't know what ds/dd/df/dh meant but I caught on soon enough. New stuff just keeps popping up though, and I don't know how so many people can deal with so many abbreviations. It's just odd. I prefer typing it out.

Quoting xboybrksgrlx:

Estimated time of arrival?

Quoting ms_davis:

The one that I don't quite get is ETA. I know it basically means something was added but what does ETA actually stand for?

xboybrksgrlx
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:11 PM
Piog is a new one. Lol if I get really lost I will google or ask my niece lol. Idkwspatawtsst. Bam! I don't know what some people are talking about when they say some things lol

Quoting Lalalie:

That's what I always thought it meant and so it never made sense to me! Haha, I never thought edited to add.

But I don't know if other people already put these but other ones that got me at first were:

SMH- Shaking my head

and at first I didn't know what ds/dd/df/dh meant but I caught on soon enough. New stuff just keeps popping up though, and I don't know how so many people can deal with so many abbreviations. It's just odd. I prefer typing it out.

Quoting xboybrksgrlx:

Quoting ms_davis:

Lalalie
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:13 PM

lol Idkwspatawtsste(either added) and I'm pretty sure some people just make shit up because... O.o Yeah. But I did have to google piog and smh.

Quoting xboybrksgrlx:

Piog is a new one. Lol if I get really lost I will google or ask my niece lol. Idkwspatawtsst. Bam! I don't know what some people are talking about when they say some things lol

Quoting Lalalie:

SMH- Shaking my head

Quoting xboybrksgrlx:

Quoting ms_davis:

kerriwarenda
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:50 PM
I don't know what so stands for
purplmama
by Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 9:56 PM
zoeymama2012
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 12:06 AM

I am glad I'm not the only one who can't figure out the lingo, and I can't find a link, page, group, etc that tells me what the slang words mean.  

Quoting Caitlin1983:

No problem. It's pretty confusing when you first join this site. Somewhere there is a key that tells you what all the acronyms mean.

Caitlin1983
by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 1:09 AM
I think I have most of it figured out. Ask me if there are any others you can think of.

Quoting zoeymama2012:

I am glad I'm not the only one who can't figure out the lingo, and I can't find a link, page, group, etc that tells me what the slang words mean.  

Quoting Caitlin1983:

No problem. It's pretty confusing when you first join this site. Somewhere there is a key that tells you what all the acronyms mean.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)