Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

It has been six months and

I am still amazed that this is my kitchen. We spent 5 months and a lot of money but it was so worth it.

Thank you ladies
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Replies (41-50):
lovinglife0682
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:17 AM
It will be so pretty. I love white cabinets. We did all the work ourselves as well. It is really satisfying when its all done.

Quoting WesAndNicksMom:

Sorry that it's a mess right now lol.  

We've got the bottom cabinets in and the new flooring but we have to rip out the top cabinets, re-drywall, put in the new cabinets, put in the new back splash tiles and then paint.  It probably won't be done until summer since we're doing it ourselves and we have way too much going on right now to work on it (he's having major surgery Tuesday and has almost 3 months of recovery time and my work is closing and I'm the boss so I'm working like crazy trying to tie all the loose ends up).

Quoting lovinglife0682:

Thanks I was so nervous that all the pieces would not come together well. Good luck with yours. I would love to see pictures when your done.

Quoting WesAndNicksMom:

It's gorgeous !!!!!!!!!!!!

We started remodeling mine in September and it's still only half way done but it won't be nearly as awesome as yours!!!!!!  You have good taste!!!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:18 AM

Love it

NBean311
by Chivette on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:18 AM

It's gorgeous! I'm jealous! :)

mom2hadley
by Heather on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:19 AM
Beautiful!
WesAndNicksMom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:20 AM

Thanks!  I just chose white so that I could put whatever color dining table I wanted.  My living room is all dark wood and I want a table in there to match since you can see it from the living room but the kitchen is tiny and I knew dark cabinets would make it seem even smaller.  Putting white in made it seem SOOOOOOOO much bigger than it looked with those old cabinets and brown carpet (gross lol).

Quoting lovinglife0682:

It will be so pretty. I love white cabinets. We did all the work ourselves as well. It is really satisfying when its all done.

Quoting WesAndNicksMom:

We've got the bottom cabinets in and the new flooring but we have to rip out the top cabinets, re-drywall, put in the new cabinets, put in the new back splash tiles and then paint.  It probably won't be done until summer since we're doing it ourselves and we have way too much going on right now to work on it (he's having major surgery Tuesday and has almost 3 months of recovery time and my work is closing and I'm the boss so I'm working like crazy trying to tie all the loose ends up).

Quoting lovinglife0682:

Thanks I was so nervous that all the pieces would not come together well. Good luck with yours. I would love to see pictures when your done.

Quoting WesAndNicksMom:

We started remodeling mine in September and it's still only half way done but it won't be nearly as awesome as yours!!!!!!  You have good taste!!!

Aleta775
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:20 AM

Wow. It is beautiful. I'm jealous. :) 

lovinglife0682
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:26 AM

Here are a few more up close pictures that a few moms asked for.
lovinglife0682
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:26 AM

lovinglife0682
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:27 AM

Here is an up close of the island cabinets.
lovinglife0682
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:29 AM
That is a great idea. White goes great with so many different things. We thought about a white/gray and yellow kitchen.

Quoting WesAndNicksMom:

Thanks!  I just chose white so that I could put whatever color dining table I wanted.  My living room is all dark wood and I want a table in there to match since you can see it from the living room but the kitchen is tiny and I knew dark cabinets would make it seem even smaller.  Putting white in made it seem SOOOOOOOO much bigger than it looked with those old cabinets and brown carpet (gross lol).

Quoting lovinglife0682:

Quoting WesAndNicksMom:

Quoting lovinglife0682:

Quoting WesAndNicksMom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN