Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

One of my students got popped in the mouth by their mother!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

I teach high school and I had a confrence with a kid who has been acting up and her parents.

The girl started acting out in the meeting, telling her mom what she was going to do, telling me to shut up, calling me a liar when I had the grades to prove it ect.

The girl called her mom a bitch and her mom smacked her in the mouth. The girl didn't bleed or cry. just put her head down.

I cant help but feel satisfaction. I had to hold in my laughter. This little terror has been distruptive and disrespectful since August. Im glad parents are parenting.

What would you have done?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:16 AM
And this is from a teacher.

Quoting Anonymous:

LOL I read the title as it was spelt. Your student got POPED in the mouth. I started thinking of the Holy Father and was saying Ewwwwwww! Then I realized it was supposed to be POPPED.

tennisgal
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:16 AM

i would have done the same thing. i can't imagine my kid ever acting like that (i would have never ever acted like that either). 

WesAndNicksMom
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:17 AM

Quoting Anonymous:

Ummm - if the "parents were parenting", the child would not be acting the way she has been...

Sounds like a nice "dog and pony' show for you, but I doubt there is actual effective parenting going on.

My mom was an excellent parent but I was an awful child. She finally snapped and smacked me in the mouth when I was 17 and I DESERVED it.  It's not always about parenting.

sweetieiv
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:17 AM
I would have smacked her then made her apologize to the teacher for being so rude in her presence. I would have also taken away any privileges like phone, computer, any favorite things too and put that away for a month.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Grumpylilpixy
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:17 AM

I would have popped my son/daughter in the mouth as well. I am glad it shut her up.

cassandrans
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:19 AM

I don't know that I could have NOT laughed.

PoplarGrove
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:19 AM
3 moms liked this

Sorry, but if you have to hit a child to get them to behave there's no parenting going on.  I honestly can't believe a teacher would find it funny to see one of their students humiliated like that.  If the Mom would do that in front of someone what's happening behind closed doors?  Children act out for a reason.  Maybe having empathy and getting to the root of the reason would be more productive. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:20 AM

Typically, it is - especially when it is occurring in multiple settings...

Quoting WesAndNicksMom:

Quoting Anonymous:

Ummm - if the "parents were parenting", the child would not be acting the way she has been...

Sounds like a nice "dog and pony' show for you, but I doubt there is actual effective parenting going on.

My mom was an excellent parent but I was an awful child. She finally snapped and smacked me in the mouth when I was 17 and I DESERVED it.  It's not always about parenting.

nelliesmommy
by prettyandpierced on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:20 AM

I would have popped her too. Tha is soo disrespectful, but more so I would never let myself and my kids get to that point.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:20 AM
I would be concerned. My dad gave my sister a black eye during a conference when the teacher reported to him that she sassed her in class. That is not mentioning the week of horror she got at home for embarrassing him and disgracing his name. Then what my mother did for her unladylike behavior...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Featured