Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Something we should ALL know

Posted by   + Show Post

There is hope!

by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 11:57 PM
Replies (61-70):
Caitlin1983
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:38 AM
Seriously, I've been made fun of plenty of times for my race. If I took it seriously and let it hurt my feelings then I would be succumbing to their level. You need to take a step back and chill the fuck out.

Get a sense of humor.

Quoting Danapopcorn:

So, if you're white you can't laugh at it? So it isn't th joke or word that is offensive, its the color of the person making the joke or saying the word that matters...hmmm

Quoting fourbyfour:

If the original poster is Asian and all the people laughing on this post is Asian, that's one thing.... because it's poking fun at yourself. But the moment you make laugh at a joke about another race, it becomes offensive.

Example.... you can tease your little bro, but if anyone outside the family messes with him, it is no longer funny.

Another example... African-Americans sometimes call each other "nigga" endearingly, but the moment a Caucasian person calls an African-American that word, it is massively offensive... because of the history of racism in this country.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
fourbyfour
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:38 AM
You better hope you never cross my path. Idiotic women with racist sense of humors hiding behind a screen. Grow up. Ciao.

Quoting Danapopcorn:

You'll be okay, I promise.

Quoting fourbyfour:

No, I'm not uptight. I'm Asian-American and born in the States... but grew up being called chink, gook, or other idiotic racist slurs. My father raised us to accept all races... and he also taught me to bust the lip of bigots who say racist things.... these sorts of posts piss me off. Not funny.

Quoting TattoodMommy19:

Oh my god, dude.

That chick needs a drink. Or a dick. Or both. Because she is uptight....

Quoting Caitlin1983:

Lol

Quoting fourbyfour:

Wow. Thanks for confirming my original post. That billboard massively offensive. Sarcasm doesn't make it okay, and actually makes it seem like you think it's funny. Do you joke about offensive things about races? Then YOU are the idiot. I want to punch in the face of the person who designed that billboard. Keep this racist shit off CafeMom.

Quoting Caitlin1983:

You're an idiot if you can't understand something dripping with sarcasm.

Quoting fourbyfour:

Are you two serious? You sound like small town bigots.

Quoting Caitlin1983:

Right? I wasn't sure until now. Thank you.

Quoting Danapopcorn:

Proof that there is a God.

Quoting Caitlin1983:

Oh thank god. Finally.

Caitlin1983
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:39 AM
Ooh is that a big scary Internet threat tough guy? Lol

Quoting fourbyfour:

You better hope you never cross my path. Idiotic women with racist sense of humors hiding behind a screen. Grow up. Ciao.

Quoting Danapopcorn:

Quoting fourbyfour:

No, I'm not uptight. I'm Asian-American and born in the States... but grew up being called chink, gook, or other idiotic racist slurs. My father raised us to accept all races... and he also taught me to bust the lip of bigots who say racist things.... these sorts of posts piss me off. Not funny.

Quoting TattoodMommy19:

Oh my god, dude.

Quoting Caitlin1983:

Lol

Quoting fourbyfour:

Wow. Thanks for confirming my original post. That billboard massively offensive. Sarcasm doesn't make it okay, and actually makes it seem like you think it's funny. Do you joke about offensive things about races? Then YOU are the idiot. I want to punch in the face of the person who designed that billboard. Keep this racist shit off CafeMom.

Quoting Caitlin1983:

Quoting fourbyfour:

Quoting Caitlin1983:

Quoting Danapopcorn:

Quoting Caitlin1983:

Oh thank god. Finally.

fourbyfour
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:41 AM
Seriously... you two probably dont even have a GED considering the ignorance of your responses. You are below me. Cheers and goodbye.

Quoting Caitlin1983:

Seriously, I've been made fun of plenty of times for my race. If I took it seriously and let it hurt my feelings then I would be succumbing to their level. You need to take a step back and chill the fuck out.

Get a sense of humor.

Quoting Danapopcorn:

So, if you're white you can't laugh at it? So it isn't th joke or word that is offensive, its the color of the person making the joke or saying the word that matters...hmmm

Quoting fourbyfour:

If the original poster is Asian and all the people laughing on this post is Asian, that's one thing.... because it's poking fun at yourself. But the moment you make laugh at a joke about another race, it becomes offensive.

Example.... you can tease your little bro, but if anyone outside the family messes with him, it is no longer funny.

Another example... African-Americans sometimes call each other "nigga" endearingly, but the moment a Caucasian person calls an African-American that word, it is massively offensive... because of the history of racism in this country.

1sweetnessof3
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:41 AM
1 mom liked this
It's not funny because of the race, it could be any race . The funny thing is that this group of people think they can change some ones race. Witch is obviously impossible . It's making fun of this group not race

Quoting fourbyfour:

If the original poster is Asian and all the people laughing on this post are Asian, that's one thing.... because it's poking fun at yourself. But the moment you laugh at a joke about another race, it becomes offensive.

Danapopcorn
by AbbyCat on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:41 AM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't know if I crossed your path or not, you all look the same. ;)

Quoting fourbyfour:

Quoting Danapopcorn:

Quoting fourbyfour:

Quoting TattoodMommy19:

Oh my god, dude.

Quoting Caitlin1983:

Lol

Quoting fourbyfour:

Quoting Caitlin1983:

Quoting fourbyfour:

Quoting Caitlin1983:

Quoting Danapopcorn:

Quoting Caitlin1983:

Oh thank god. Finally.

TranquilMind
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:43 AM

That's really stupid.  Race is innate.  Behaviors are not, if that is where the moron is going with it. 

Danapopcorn
by AbbyCat on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:43 AM

Working on my 2nd degree (Bachelors) actually. 3 lovely homes so far. Lovely cars. Etc

Quoting fourbyfour:

Seriously... you two probably dont even have a GED considering the ignorance of your responses. You are below me. Cheers and goodbye.

Quoting Caitlin1983:

Get a sense of humor.

Quoting Danapopcorn:

Quoting fourbyfour:

Danapopcorn
by AbbyCat on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:44 AM

Check out their site, they have a cure for gays too. Smh.

Quoting TranquilMind:

That's really stupid.  Race is innate.  Behaviors are not, if that is where the moron is going with it. 

Caitlin1983
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 12:44 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh my god you're so funny. Throwing out judgements and stereotypes that you were apparently raised to avoid. I love it.

You truly are an amazing human being.

Quoting fourbyfour:

Quoting Caitlin1983:

Get a sense of humor.

Quoting Danapopcorn:

Quoting fourbyfour:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN