Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

theyre going to think I beat her!

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:26 AM
  • 23 Replies

First thing I have to say is never name a girl Grace.  My DD is anything BUT graceful.  From the moment she could move it has been bad luck for her.  Ill just jump to last week.  We keep all games in the island cupboard in the kitchen.  That way little pieces arent in the carpet and I can see what they are getting into.  DD brought her sponge bob memory game into the living room so we could play.  When done she took it back to the kitchen but slipped on a clothes box from Christmas that I had put in the cupboard.  She got her eye/cheekbone on the knob and had a black eye and a bruise from a marker she landed on, on her butt.  Thank God its finally going away.  TODAY,*sigh*  she wanted to sled on the little hill of snow left at church.  They put all the snow from the parking lot nest to the sign that has a little garden around it.  Well she thought it would be fun to lay on her belly BUT she went face first in the decorative pavers around the garden.  SO... now she has a scratched up big goose on her forehead, scraped up cheek nose and upper lip.  She cant catch a break, shes never been a sit on the sidelines kind of girl.  If she sees her brother doing it SHES going to try and do it better and faster.  I feel so bad for her little face(it seems like thatswhat always gets it, when she started walking she thought she was going to try and run down hill on cement and tripped and skidded to a stop with her forehead... so that goose egg is already on a scar.)  I just want to put her in a bubble with a helmet and bubble wrap.  =(    Im going to school with her on Tuesday because she said kids made fun of her eye last week.  I dont want them talking bad to my baby, it breaks my heart to hear her say So and so didnt like my shirt or    X wont play with me and be my friend anymore  =(  Sigh... I thought getting picked on in school was bad.  Hearing the heartbreak in Gracies voice is so much worse.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AFwife2010
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:37 AM
Aww poor girl. My daughter falls and bumps her head all the time. She gets it from me lol. All you can do is kiss her better and hope she watches what she's doing when you can't. As far as the bullies go you're doing the right thing by talking to the school about it. Hopefully she can just ignore them and keep being herself. Good luck with the school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
horseap
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:42 AM

Quoting AFwife2010:

Aww poor girl. My daughter falls and bumps her head all the time. She gets it from me lol. All you can do is kiss her better and hope she watches what she's doing when you can't. As far as the bullies go you're doing the right thing by talking to the school about it. Hopefully she can just ignore them and keep being herself. Good luck with the school.

She is in a different school than she will be in next year so everything will be new.  The class she is in right now is a peer class.  She helps set an example for how kids in class should be acting and to help keep things calm.  The kids that are saying thing act out emotionally and she doesnt understand that some children are different so she gets hurt by them easily.  I think that by me just going and supporting her will help her, I am just afraid of what the adults are going to think.

leota29
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:47 AM
Poor baby girl! I hope she feels better fast!!!

I know this is isn't a child but we adopted a cat named Grace and this cat can fall off anything or trip over her own paws! Maybe its the name and not limited to little girls! My cat has seriously busted her chin jumping 18 inches from the couch to the coffee table and stuff like that. She falls off everything. And she not old. She's 4.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
2ltlmonkeyz
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:49 AM

I am sorry :( Los get bumps and bruises all the time mine do , as long as there are not alot at different stages no one will think anything about it ;)

horseap
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:50 AM

LOL hello again!  Gracie is the one with the middle name Leota... Shes the same age as your cat =/  that a lot of coincidence...

Quoting leota29:

I know this is isn't a child but we adopted a cat named Grace and this cat can fall off anything or trip over her own paws! Maybe its the name and not limited to little girls! My cat has seriously busted her chin jumping 18 inches from the couch to the coffee table and stuff like that. She falls off everything. And she not old. She's 4.

JayeC2
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:53 AM

Well, different situation, but my girls do competitive cheerleading - the oldest is a base, so she catches the other girls as they come down from stunts.  She always has bruises all over her arms, and they've actually pulled her out of class to ask if we or a boyfriend is beating her.  She just rolls her eyes and tells them it's from cheer.....I'm waiting for the day they don't believe her and call me in!

reava
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:55 AM
My dd's middle name is grace and she is the same as your dd.
I hope everything goes well for your little one
jessi2girls
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:56 AM

LMAO, we all times like this!! dont' feel bad! lol. both of my kids are pretty klutzy, like their mom, lol. 

leota29
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:56 AM
Lol!!!! That's to funny!!!

I feel so sorry for our cat sometimes. And we also call her Gracie!!

Lol btw Gracie is black and white. All I can picture is your poor baby having brusies :( and a black eye like my Gracie only not in a furry four legged cute kinda way :(

Quoting horseap:

LOL hello again!  Gracie is the one with the middle name Leota... Shes the same age as your cat =/  that a lot of coincidence...

Quoting leota29:

JasonsMom2007
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:58 AM
my dd is the same way. at 20 months she tripped and injured her tooth. it had to be pulled at 21 months. she's always black and blue!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)