Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Foodstamps.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I get 500 month right now for me hubby and my 8 month old. I am pregnant again. How much more will I recieve after this baby is born?
Please be nice ladies, not looking for a witch hunt just asking a question.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:38 AM
Replies (21-30):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:48 AM
I don't think she is being anything more than curious. A lot of the time the dfs office can't tell what the amount will be until it happens.
happy41ce
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:50 AM
And if so it means they are scamming the government.. If that's true I hope they get screwed and have to play it all back.

Quoting Anonymous:

Not taxed?  He is working under the table then right?

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes I work part time because we can't afford full time day care and my husband makes 730ish a week but its not taxed as he is considered a independent worker. Some months he makes only 400 a month. I don't know why we get so much I told the DFS Workers we didn't need so much but they said they had to give me the amount on the chart that they couldn't reduce them out of want

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:50 AM

Her husband works but is not taxed which I am assuming he works under the table so that income is not considered.  If you or your spouse work and you report all of it then you are not going to get as much.

Quoting Anonymous:

how do you so much!
we are a family of 5 and we get 200 and I'm so grateful but how do you get so much

Oceana09
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:50 AM

I'm guessing since he is an independent worker, I think that means they don't take out taxes right away, but he has to pay them at the end of the year...or at least I think that is how that works.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes I work part time because we can't afford full time day care and my husband makes 730ish a week but its not taxed as he is considered a independent worker. Some months he makes only 400 a month. I don't know why we get so much I told the DFS Workers we didn't need so much but they said they had to give me the amount on the chart that they couldn't reduce them out of want

Brent Jacob
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Jazmyn Rose
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
horseap
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:50 AM

Well now why would she want to do that?  She would make more money and not get as much food stamps!  DUH.

Quoting Oceana09:

I'm not bashing you..I'm just asking a question...have you applied for daycare help? They will help you will full time daycare. Just FYI.

Quoting Anonymous:

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:50 AM
1 mom liked this
Uhhhh no he us a transit driver, he works for a company. He doesn't W2 he gets a 10-99

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

nataliesmom2012
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:51 AM

Your husband makes as much money a month as I do but yet you're on foodstamps?

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:51 AM
2 moms liked this
Some of you women are very hateful.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:52 AM
SCAVENGER!
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:52 AM
Once again its not taxed. We owe 10,000 when tax time comes
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)