Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Foodstamps.

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I get 500 month right now for me hubby and my 8 month old. I am pregnant again. How much more will I recieve after this baby is born?
Please be nice ladies, not looking for a witch hunt just asking a question.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:38 AM
Replies (41-50):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:00 AM
You know NOTHING about me get off your arrogant high.horse

Quoting horseap:

Meeeeee toooo!  As Im sitting here at my job and will be starting OT in just a few hours.  And if I did, I would get a side job :|  There is something about pride and working my ass off that I just LOOOOOVE.  It feels great.  You should try it!

Quoting Anonymous:

I hope you never need help.

Quoting horseap:

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't think she is being anything more than curious. A lot of the time the dfs office can't tell what the amount will be until it happens.

There are guidlines she could use to look it up but would rather come here for attention.

Oceana09
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:00 AM

I'm trying really hard not to bash her. I mean, I had an unexpected pregnancy and I'm on welfare, but I'm going nuts! I hate being on welfare and I'm jumping up and down at the fact that my boss offered me my old job back from 7 years ago tonight. She offered it to me an hour ago and I'm freaking out and already trying to figure out ways of how to get my kids day care taken care of. I don't care what it takes, I'm going back to work! I don't understand why some other people can't figure out that they'd make more money working (even if it is minimum wage) than they would on welfare. I calculated it...even working part time I would make just as much as I do right now on TANF, however I will be receiving my full child support again, which means that I will be making over $500.00 more, technically than I am on TANF right now...I mean, I just don't get it.

Quoting horseap:

Well now why would she want to do that?  She would make more money and not get as much food stamps!  DUH.

Quoting Oceana09:

I'm not bashing you..I'm just asking a question...have you applied for daycare help? They will help you will full time daycare. Just FYI.

Quoting Anonymous:

Yes I work part time because we can't afford full time day care and my husband makes 730ish a week but its not taxed as he is considered a independent worker. Some months he makes only 400 a month. I don't know why we get so much I told the DFS Workers we didn't need so much but they said they had to give me the amount on the chart that they couldn't reduce them out of want

Brent Jacob
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Jazmyn Rose
Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Damn give her a break. Why do you guys always have be a bitch. You guys didnt have to open let alone comment if you guys dont like the subject.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:01 AM

We make about $1600 a month and only get $387 a month is fs for a family of 4. We rather get the food stamps than the child care assistance. Why have the state pay $1600 a month in child care for us? We are constantly looking for better jobs though. Our income has been steadily increasing. We were receiving $581 in fs and then $468 and now $387 as our income has gone up.

thefiregoddess
by MotherDucker on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:01 AM
Food stamps. Two words.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:02 AM
What how do you get that much no wonder people say people on food stamps don't want to work I would totally have enouph with all that money for a family of three wow I applied for it when we lost our job and got 265 for our family of four but thankfully hubby found a job and it was just temporary
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:02 AM
1 mom liked this

Right now I have Mirena, my husband still wears a condom and pulls out.  I know I cannot afford another baby so we do not take any chances.  If you say you guys where doing all that then I will say that you where trying not to get pregnant.  You know Mirena is not 100%, why take the chance if you are doing so bad financially?

Quoting Anonymous:

And yes I am pregnant, I did not mean to be I was on mirana.
Put I am pregnant now what do you want me to do to abort?
I get foodstamps so this child doesn't deserve to live?

horseap
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:04 AM

HEY!  My horse is NOT arrogant...

Quoting Anonymous:

You know NOTHING about me get off your arrogant high.horse Quoting

Quoting horseap:

Meeeeee toooo!  As Im sitting here at my job and will be starting OT in just a few hours.  And if I did, I would get a side job :|  There is something about pride and working my ass off that I just LOOOOOVE.  It feels great.  You should try it!

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting horseap:

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't think she is being anything more than curious. A lot of the time the dfs office can't tell what the amount will be until it happens.

There are guidlines she could use to look it up but would rather come here for attention.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
happy41ce
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:04 AM
Bahahahhahahaha!!!!

Quoting horseap:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting horseap:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting horseap:

Quoting Anonymous:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:05 AM
Your horse is soon to be seabuiscut...

Quoting horseap:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting horseap:

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting horseap:

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)