Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

How normal is my DH brown/Jelly looking earwax?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 8 Replies

I dont know, i think its disgusting looking and he produces so much and i mean a shit load of Earwax. it just comes out of his ear and out. it doesnt drop but its sitting there at the base of the ear near the lobes almost. its just so yucky. It is Dark Brown/Amber looking. VERY VERY JELLY looking. Like Fruit jelly. He cleans it because it gets to the point where you can see it. he needs about 3 qtips per ear to get it all gone. he doesnt stick it inside. He just swirls it around in circles inside (Not all the way in) just enough to clean it and nothing else comes out. It makes me gag every time and he laughs and tells me its normal. I think only men produce that much because that doesnt happen to me, my mom, my 3 kids (2 girls 1 boy)

Unless its from eating unhealthy, sodas, red bulls, smoking???

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
velvetkitty
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:21 AM
Some people just have waxy ears. Some people don't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:22 AM

http://www.fauquierent.net/earwax.htm his ear wax is like this! first picture.. very wet, jelly. yeah i think its nasty but whatever. Even if its normal

happy41ce
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:24 AM
OMG gag lol
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
JacksMom1221
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:25 AM
There's 2 types of wax. That's normal. Albeit gross!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Aleta775
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:26 AM

It sounds a little bit abnormal, but not concerning. As long as he doesn't have frequent ear infections, I don't see any need to worry about it. As someone else said, some people just make a lot of ear wax. 

nataliesmom2012
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:34 AM

Does he use those ear wax drops? I would get him some of those. They work like a charm.

unusualmom
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:38 AM
Have him put drops of baby oil in his ears every day. It helps. My kids are like this.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
thetrollcat
by Meow on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:41 AM

yuk. I agree about treating the wax bit I would talk to your child's doctor about treatment to help decrease and minimize the wax.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)