Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I just found out my husband is dealing drugs

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My husband and I separated last summer because I found out he selling all of his prescription pain killers. He is on oxycotin and oxycodone. We were separated for 3 months and he promised to stop selling his pills.

We got into counseling and worked through the problem of his selling drugs and the lying about it. Or so I thought. I let him come back home when I was sure that he was not selling anymore.

Well tonight he was in the shower and he got a text. I glanced over because at first I thought it was my phone. We have the same phone and the same text chime. He usually has his phone on vibrate and I never do

Anyway. I look and it is from the guy he used to sell to asking when he was going to meet him because he had some money to spend and needed some help. 

I picked up his phone and went throught it. He is selling again. There were texts from the same people he sold to before and some others I didn't recognise. All of them asking if he had anything left, or to meet him somewhere and that they had money.

When he got out of the shower, I confronted him. At least he didn't lie. He admitted he was selling. He wouldn't say for how long. His responce was "a little while" He said he was sorry and he would stop in a month or two.

Ok first of all I will NOT live with a drug dealer. 

Second, where is the money going? I pay all of the bills except the cell phone which is around $200 and the car insurance which is less than $100.

He makes over $1000 a month at his job. Who knows how much he is getting from the pills. 

I cannot and will not do this again. I am done. I have to get him out of my house.

I am laying here trying to figure out how to get him out tomorrow. I made him sleep on the couch tonight, so he knows I am pissed. 

This is a very small town and he went to school with half of the police department, plus I don't have proof. It is on his phone, which he has. So he has probably erased it by now.

Legally I can't just tell him to leave and make him go. I don't know how but somehow I have to get him out. 

I am filing for divorce as soon as possible. 

Any ideas how to get him out? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:37 AM
Replies (51-60):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:44 AM

My friend and I actually wondered that last time. I practically handed him to them on a silver platter. 

Another posted suggested the state drug task force and I am considering that

Quoting tapies2324:

The police probably buy from him. Dont trust them to help you. Sometimes a cop is just a thug with a badge.

Quoting Anonymous:

He is indeed an idiot. He thinks he is above the law tho. He thinks because he went to school with most of them that they wouldn't arrest him.

Honeslty I wonder the same. Last time I did go to a cop and told them when he ws getting his script and who he sold to. Nothing happened.

Quoting Anonymous:

Your dh is an idiot. Not because he is dealing but that he is so sloppy. No good dealer leaves a texting trail like that...just sloppy. For that reason alone he deserves to get busted.

Nolanzo
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:50 AM
Oh honey... Everything you've posted here screams addictive behavior. Please please for the safety of your family get him out. I have seen this first hand and take it from the horses mouth... If they come to your door with a warrant, you could end up in handcuffs. I went to jail because my ex committed a sale of a narcotic in a parking lot of a Walgreens while he told me he was just running in for cigarettes... Like a dumbass, I sat in my van waiting and he jumped in and said let's go... We pulled out and got pulled over because an UO watched the whole exchange from his car. I had no way to prove I had no idea what the hell he was up to.

Addicts are slick and I guarantee there is some shady shit going on right under your nose... I'm glad you are not turning a blind eye to this.

I have to attempt to go to bed.. I have an hour and a half before having to get up for work but I will write you tomorrow if I can. Again, good luck and be strong.

Quoting Anonymous:

I know that he is addicted to opiates. He has been violent in the past. He would take a  time released pill and crush and snort it and get really high and then he was violent and scary as hell.

That's one reason this came as such a shock tonight. He has not been acting like he did before. I thought things were so much better.

I had thought that he had asked his dr to lower his dosage, but I guess that was a lie. He did admit that he is still getting the same amount of pills. He takes, or is prescribed to tak, I should say, 3 of the instand release pills. I can't remember which are which, and one of the timed release pills a day.

The last time this happened, I even suspected he might be on heroin because he was selling so many of his pills, yet was a raving mad man one minute, passing out and drooling on himself the next, and forgetting all kinds of stuff.

But I have no idea where all his money goes???? 

I would not be supprised if he hasn't sold t o a CI. Two of the people that had texted him have recently gotten out of prison. One of them I guess he didn't trust because he told her he no longer got pills. But the other one apparently he did sell to because in one text the guy said he had some more cash and wanted to know when they could meet

I may take you up on the PM. I really am embarrased to talk to my friends about this because everyone begged me not to take him back and I feel like an idiot for trying again

Quoting Nolanzo:

First of all: text messages are never completely gone. They are stored permanently in the phones data and can be retrieved via his cell carrier with a court order. Very common in criminal matters.

Second: I'm going to 99% say that he IS selling to support a habit. If you are not seeing any extra $ coming in the house, he is spending it. Oxys are 20-25 each so he's making a good deal of cash on a whole script.

Third: go to the police and give them his entire history, his phone, etc. they WILL investigate. Drug trafficking is serious shit... They take great delight in bringing dope slingers down, trust me when I tell you that they will be very interested in what you have to say.

Fourth: it's only a matter of time before he gets pinched. Dealers who are using eventually become careless and slip up due to not being on point. He WILL get caught. You do NOT want him under your roof when this happens. You need to get him out immediately unless you want to be a prison wife. Ask the police what the best way to go about this. It's not a civil matter, it's criminal.

Fifth: I'm so sorry you're going through this. I almost married an opiate addict and it was a living hell. The problem does not go away... It gets progressively worse until they can't function without it and he needs intensive rehab. Unfortunately he will have to dry out while incarcerated but he'll probably get high immediately when he gets out... The prison system is a revolving door. Please file for divorce immediately if you haven't already done so, and good luck to you and your children. I'm so sorry.

PS: I'm glad you're being so progressive about this... Any man that would engage in drug trafficking while living in a house with children is a scumbag. The Feds could be watching youRIGHT now. He may have sold to a CI and he would never know it. If they bust your door down tomorrow with a warrant, you will lose your children. Get him out NOW.

Please PM me if you need someone to talk to. I have been there, done this. Good luck to you mama and hugs.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 7 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:53 AM

Change the locks when he leaves and have a copy of the divorce papers attached to the door. Drop his crap either outside, in the carport and his parents or other person you know.

alibrezzy154
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:18 AM
Quoting Nolanzo:

No I haven't not when it comes to pills anyway.
alibrezzy154
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:21 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

Oh wow that's insane yeah I really can't relate. :( I'm so sorry your dealing with all of this hun.
angeleyes16
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:23 AM

He might be doing heroin. Oxy is a synthetic heroin. Her is 10 cheaper. That might answer your question about where the money is going and why he can't seem to stop selling. They go for 30.00 a pill! While you can buy a 10.00 bag of heroin to get the same affect. 

naomishere
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:25 AM

wow that sucks hopefully u can figure this out

Anonymous
by Anonymous 8 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:41 AM
Damn I doubt he gets much for a few pills if he does send them my way I have plenty of pills lol no really I do but I dont even bother filling them any more because I dont use them since I.try to deal with my.pain..most people use them if they have pain that sever try going to the dr with him and asking for them not to give him those pills any more.or taking the pills and flushing them down the toilet another readon why I dont take those pills is because they.are addicting...
Caitlyn137
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:44 AM
Find that stack of cash ! & keep it .
Move
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 9 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:31 AM
Then threaten to turn him in. The police can get a warrant for his txt msg history from his cell company.

Quoting Anonymous:

Um you can tell him to get out. But you're right if both of you are on mortgage or lease then yeah he can refuse.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN