Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I just found out my husband is dealing drugs

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My husband and I separated last summer because I found out he selling all of his prescription pain killers. He is on oxycotin and oxycodone. We were separated for 3 months and he promised to stop selling his pills.

We got into counseling and worked through the problem of his selling drugs and the lying about it. Or so I thought. I let him come back home when I was sure that he was not selling anymore.

Well tonight he was in the shower and he got a text. I glanced over because at first I thought it was my phone. We have the same phone and the same text chime. He usually has his phone on vibrate and I never do

Anyway. I look and it is from the guy he used to sell to asking when he was going to meet him because he had some money to spend and needed some help. 

I picked up his phone and went throught it. He is selling again. There were texts from the same people he sold to before and some others I didn't recognise. All of them asking if he had anything left, or to meet him somewhere and that they had money.

When he got out of the shower, I confronted him. At least he didn't lie. He admitted he was selling. He wouldn't say for how long. His responce was "a little while" He said he was sorry and he would stop in a month or two.

Ok first of all I will NOT live with a drug dealer. 

Second, where is the money going? I pay all of the bills except the cell phone which is around $200 and the car insurance which is less than $100.

He makes over $1000 a month at his job. Who knows how much he is getting from the pills. 

I cannot and will not do this again. I am done. I have to get him out of my house.

I am laying here trying to figure out how to get him out tomorrow. I made him sleep on the couch tonight, so he knows I am pissed. 

This is a very small town and he went to school with half of the police department, plus I don't have proof. It is on his phone, which he has. So he has probably erased it by now.

Legally I can't just tell him to leave and make him go. I don't know how but somehow I have to get him out. 

I am filing for divorce as soon as possible. 

Any ideas how to get him out? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:37 AM
Replies (61-70):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 10 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:36 AM

and  your dh is a prime example of  the reason this country has such a problem with addiction....and people who really need the pain pills can't get them

AubreeGrace17
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:41 AM
You need to kick him out! Your kids don't need that around them. Who the hell knows what some of these addicts are capable of doing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MommyLove23
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:09 AM
I would say if he had any respect for you of his children he would leave,but it's apperant that he doesn't.Good luck.
Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:12 AM

Turn him in to the police.  He's a drug dealer, he's admitted it to you, and you've got a backstory with him dealing in the past.  

Anonymous
by Anonymous 11 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 11:22 AM

I had a similar problem with my ex, he wasn't dealing drugs but he was a cocaine addict.  It was horrible he would get so high and get crazy around me and our daughter.  He almost got caught at his work, which was a college.  He was an administrator and adjunct professor.  The students knew he was on drugs, all you had to do was look at him.  He was having sex with some of the girls in his class too, which I found out later.  He was a mess, it got really bad and I was going insane trying to figure out how to get him outta my life and my daughters.  There was nothing I could do, both our names were on the house.  I would get into horrible fights with him, over it all.  One day I got a call to come see our babysitter's parents, they had something to talk to me about.  I'm thinking, what now?  They said my SO was texting their 14 yr old daughter and was trying to seduce her.  I was floored, I thought no way at first, but then the cops called me to come to the station.  He was under investigation for that and for other things at the college.  I found he had a myspace account and I looked up everything after I talked to the detectives.  I printed out every damn thing I could, and then that night I confronted him.  I told him he better pack his bags and leave.  I told him I will go to the police with all the evidence I have.  I also had all his empty cocaine bags and some names of his dealers.  I had to play hard ball, it worked he left, I got a restraining order on him so he couldn't come back to the house.  He had threatened me, so I was able to get one. 

I suggest you be careful if you confront him, it could get ugly.  Don't have your kids in the house.  Have a friend know what is going on and to check on you after you talk to him.  You might have to dig alittle and get some info to use as leverage.  Good luck hun. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:06 PM
Yea. Like putting it in a shoe box and saving it for a rainy day.

Quoting SadeAyosmom:

you mean hoarding it in cash?

Quoting Anonymous:

He is probably stacking the money that he's making... That's what most dealers do!

Famousglm714
by Gina on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:09 PM
My loser ex used to do that. I had no idea for awhile. He eventually went to jail for something else and I kicked him out. Idk how to kick him out because I tried and mine wouldn't leave. He was on the lease. :-/
Anonymous
by Anonymous 12 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Have a talk with him and record it. Ask him point blank what exactly he is selling and get him to say in no uncertain terms that he is selling drugs for money. Then tell him you will bring the recording to the police if he doesn't leave.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 13 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:14 PM
What's his number?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 14 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:16 PM
Crap if he's only making $1000 a month he needs to be doing something to make more money. How do y'all live?!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)