Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I just found out my husband is dealing drugs

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My husband and I separated last summer because I found out he selling all of his prescription pain killers. He is on oxycotin and oxycodone. We were separated for 3 months and he promised to stop selling his pills.

We got into counseling and worked through the problem of his selling drugs and the lying about it. Or so I thought. I let him come back home when I was sure that he was not selling anymore.

Well tonight he was in the shower and he got a text. I glanced over because at first I thought it was my phone. We have the same phone and the same text chime. He usually has his phone on vibrate and I never do

Anyway. I look and it is from the guy he used to sell to asking when he was going to meet him because he had some money to spend and needed some help. 

I picked up his phone and went throught it. He is selling again. There were texts from the same people he sold to before and some others I didn't recognise. All of them asking if he had anything left, or to meet him somewhere and that they had money.

When he got out of the shower, I confronted him. At least he didn't lie. He admitted he was selling. He wouldn't say for how long. His responce was "a little while" He said he was sorry and he would stop in a month or two.

Ok first of all I will NOT live with a drug dealer. 

Second, where is the money going? I pay all of the bills except the cell phone which is around $200 and the car insurance which is less than $100.

He makes over $1000 a month at his job. Who knows how much he is getting from the pills. 

I cannot and will not do this again. I am done. I have to get him out of my house.

I am laying here trying to figure out how to get him out tomorrow. I made him sleep on the couch tonight, so he knows I am pissed. 

This is a very small town and he went to school with half of the police department, plus I don't have proof. It is on his phone, which he has. So he has probably erased it by now.

Legally I can't just tell him to leave and make him go. I don't know how but somehow I have to get him out. 

I am filing for divorce as soon as possible. 

Any ideas how to get him out? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:37 AM
Replies (71-80):
mommysangelface
by Emerald Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 2:19 PM
1 mom liked this

depending on the phone carrier you can look up the texts online

MsCherry10
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 5:47 PM

BUMP!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:52 PM
How's it going?
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:07 PM

Well I was up until 5 am. I couldn't sleep, and I chickened out of trying to get his phone.

I got about two hours sleep before the kids were up, and woke up with a migraine.

He was already up and so after the kids had breakfast, I called a friend to come get them.

I told him that we needed to talk and that I needed some answers and if I felt like he was bullshitting me, I would call the police, go to the court house and call the state police drug task force and do any and everything it took to get him arrested.

I asked him how long this was going on, if he was using and where the money was. He said he sold most of his script for December and January. He still has the money and he showed it to me. He said he really needs a 4 wheel drive truck so he can get more work cutting wood. He said he only planned to sell for a few months until he had enough for a down payment on a used truck.

He swears he is not using and offered to go get a drug test and take it. I do believe he is not using because I know how he behaves when he is using, and also he did have a wad of cash.

I told him that it was unacceptable. I told him that I did not want a truck or anything else from drug money in this house or around the kids. I told him I didn't care how hard we were having it, or if we had to get foodstamps. We haven't yet, but I'd rather use foodstamps that feed my kids with drug money.

I told him that he needed to leave and he cried and begged for another chance. I told him that he had broken my trust yet again, and he has to go.

He called his counselor and asked for an emergency appointment. He has one set up for tomorrow afternoon. 

After the talk, he texted everyone that he had been selling to, a total of 4 people, and told them that he was out of pills and that he was no longer going to be selling, that he was asking his doctor to switch him to injections instead of pills.

Then he called his pain doctor and asked if switching to injections was a possibility and they are going to discuss it on his next appointment which is on the 5th.

He begged me to give him another chance, and said that if he is on injections, then he won't be selling because he will have nothing to sell.

I told him he had to leave. I was tired, me head hurt and I had a lot of stuff to process. So he packed a bag and went to stay with a friend. I said I would go to his counseling appointment tomorrow.

I honestly do not know what is going to happen from here. It's like he wants to do better, and does for awhile, but falls back into old habits. I do understand that with a 4 wheel drive truck he could make more money, but I don't want it if it comes from drug money.

The kids came home and I told them daddy was staying with Uncle J and Aunt S for a few days and they seemed ok with it. We had a lazy day watching TV. 

Quoting Anonymous:

How's it going?

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:08 PM

Those are both the same pill. Just an FYI.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:11 PM

Oh, I fully understand that he should be the one leaving. My ex husband was a dealer and abuser. I tried to get him to leave because I didnt want the kids dealing with moving and such... but I ended up taking the kids with me because I realized comfort is secondary to safety.

with the documenting, I was refering to when you confront him with the eviction notice if you get it. Get him on tape admitting he is selling again and take that to the city police or county sheriff. If he threatens you when you serve the eviction notice you also have proof you fear for your and your children's safety

Anonymous
by Anonymous 16 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:14 PM
So you report him. He goes to jail. He loses his job. You can't make the payments on the house alone. Kids lose house. Smh.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:18 PM

No, one is extended release and one is instant release.  I don't remember which is which but the extended release is a once a day pill and the instant releace is a three times a day pill. He has been on them for 5 years, so I am know a little bit about them

Quoting Anonymous:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:20 PM

I can and have fully supported the kids on my paycheck. 

We were separated for 3 months and not only did I manage to pay the bills and buy the groceries, I even managed to save money every month.

We can survive without his income

Quoting Anonymous:

So you report him. He goes to jail. He loses his job. You can't make the payments on the house alone. Kids lose house. Smh.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 15 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:20 PM

Quoting Anonymous:

No, one is extended release and one is instant release.  I don't remember which is which but the extended release is a once a day pill and the instant releace is a three times a day pill. He has been on them for 5 years, so I am know a little bit about them

Quoting Anonymous:

Really? I thought OxyContin was just the brand name for oxycodone. Guess I don't know enough about drugs. Probably a good thing haha!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN