Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I just found out my husband is dealing drugs

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

My husband and I separated last summer because I found out he selling all of his prescription pain killers. He is on oxycotin and oxycodone. We were separated for 3 months and he promised to stop selling his pills.

We got into counseling and worked through the problem of his selling drugs and the lying about it. Or so I thought. I let him come back home when I was sure that he was not selling anymore.

Well tonight he was in the shower and he got a text. I glanced over because at first I thought it was my phone. We have the same phone and the same text chime. He usually has his phone on vibrate and I never do

Anyway. I look and it is from the guy he used to sell to asking when he was going to meet him because he had some money to spend and needed some help. 

I picked up his phone and went throught it. He is selling again. There were texts from the same people he sold to before and some others I didn't recognise. All of them asking if he had anything left, or to meet him somewhere and that they had money.

When he got out of the shower, I confronted him. At least he didn't lie. He admitted he was selling. He wouldn't say for how long. His responce was "a little while" He said he was sorry and he would stop in a month or two.

Ok first of all I will NOT live with a drug dealer. 

Second, where is the money going? I pay all of the bills except the cell phone which is around $200 and the car insurance which is less than $100.

He makes over $1000 a month at his job. Who knows how much he is getting from the pills. 

I cannot and will not do this again. I am done. I have to get him out of my house.

I am laying here trying to figure out how to get him out tomorrow. I made him sleep on the couch tonight, so he knows I am pissed. 

This is a very small town and he went to school with half of the police department, plus I don't have proof. It is on his phone, which he has. So he has probably erased it by now.

Legally I can't just tell him to leave and make him go. I don't know how but somehow I have to get him out. 

I am filing for divorce as soon as possible. 

Any ideas how to get him out? 

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:37 AM
Replies (81-90):
CrunchyBran
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:22 PM

Call the cops, get a protection order.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:25 PM

A truck will give him easy access to dealing and to using I know from personal experience. Are you aware this whole truck scheme is a sham. He would have told you these plans prior to catching him. Is it easier to leave him or easier to go to drug addict meetings every week, checking his phone every so often and searching your home for his stash? Pro's and con's weigh them out. When he realizes he lost you and the kids for good it will shock him into treatment.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well I was up until 5 am. I couldn't sleep, and I chickened out of trying to get his phone.

I got about two hours sleep before the kids were up, and woke up with a migraine.

He was already up and so after the kids had breakfast, I called a friend to come get them.

I told him that we needed to talk and that I needed some answers and if I felt like he was bullshitting me, I would call the police, go to the court house and call the state police drug task force and do any and everything it took to get him arrested.

I asked him how long this was going on, if he was using and where the money was. He said he sold most of his script for December and January. He still has the money and he showed it to me. He said he really needs a 4 wheel drive truck so he can get more work cutting wood. He said he only planned to sell for a few months until he had enough for a down payment on a used truck.

He swears he is not using and offered to go get a drug test and take it. I do believe he is not using because I know how he behaves when he is using, and also he did have a wad of cash.

I told him that it was unacceptable. I told him that I did not want a truck or anything else from drug money in this house or around the kids. I told him I didn't care how hard we were having it, or if we had to get foodstamps. We haven't yet, but I'd rather use foodstamps that feed my kids with drug money.

I told him that he needed to leave and he cried and begged for another chance. I told him that he had broken my trust yet again, and he has to go.

He called his counselor and asked for an emergency appointment. He 

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:28 PM

I thought they were the same too when he was first switched to the instant release one. He had been on hydrocodone and they weren't working anymore, so his doctor switched it to I think Oxycodone, as the in instant relsease and I freaked out because I thought he was being overdosed.  I called and talked to the nurse who explained the difference

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting Anonymous:

No, one is extended release and one is instant release.  I don't remember which is which but the extended release is a once a day pill and the instant releace is a three times a day pill. He has been on them for 5 years, so I am know a little bit about them

Quoting Anonymous:

Those are both the same pill. Just an FYI.

Really? I thought OxyContin was just the brand name for oxycodone. Guess I don't know enough about drugs. Probably a good thing haha!

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:33 PM

He already has his own truck, it just isn't 4 wheel drive. That;s how he was dealing without me knowing. He has been talking about a 4 wheel drive for a long time. He could really use one and would make more money if he had one. But I told him that we just couldn't afford one right now. I had told him if he would help me budget and save, we could probably save up the money for a 4 wheel drive in about a year. I don't want anymore payments in case things get bad. I guess he wanted to speed things up. I have no idea how he planned to explain getting a truck if he had managed to get one.

I am so numb right now, I can't see passed tonight. I am getting the kids to bed soon, taking a hot bath and going to bed early. Tomorrow I will see what he and the counselor have to say, but for now I am not making any permanent decisions. But he also won't be coming back anytime soon, if ever.

Quoting Anonymous:

A truck will give him easy access to dealing and to using I know from personal experience. Are you aware this whole truck scheme is a sham. He would have told you these plans prior to catching him. Is it easier to leave him or easier to go to drug addict meetings every week, checking his phone every so often and searching your home for his stash? Pro's and con's weigh them out. When he realizes he lost you and the kids for good it will shock him into treatment.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well I was up until 5 am. I couldn't sleep, and I chickened out of trying to get his phone.

I got about two hours sleep before the kids were up, and woke up with a migraine.

He was already up and so after the kids had breakfast, I called a friend to come get them.

I told him that we needed to talk and that I needed some answers and if I felt like he was bullshitting me, I would call the police, go to the court house and call the state police drug task force and do any and everything it took to get him arrested.

I asked him how long this was going on, if he was using and where the money was. He said he sold most of his script for December and January. He still has the money and he showed it to me. He said he really needs a 4 wheel drive truck so he can get more work cutting wood. He said he only planned to sell for a few months until he had enough for a down payment on a used truck.

He swears he is not using and offered to go get a drug test and take it. I do believe he is not using because I know how he behaves when he is using, and also he did have a wad of cash.

I told him that it was unacceptable. I told him that I did not want a truck or anything else from drug money in this house or around the kids. I told him I didn't care how hard we were having it, or if we had to get foodstamps. We haven't yet, but I'd rather use foodstamps that feed my kids with drug money.

I told him that he needed to leave and he cried and begged for another chance. I told him that he had broken my trust yet again, and he has to go.

He called his counselor and asked for an emergency appointment. He 

Anariama
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:35 PM

Whatever you do,do NOT move out of the house.Get him out.

carterscutie85
by Queen Bee on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:35 PM

I would leave myself.

Melissa_4
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:40 PM

Quoting alibrezzy154:

Honestly I don't get what the big deal is its not like he's some thug or druggie. Lol why don't you just talk to his doctor and tell him to stop writing him scripts because he is selling them and not even using them. They will put it on record and so they can give him different non narcotic forms of pain relief even if he tries going to a different doc or the er. They will know. I really don't see how this is a reason the leave him though. Have you asked him why he feels the need to sell the pills?

Are you serious???  He's a freaking drug dealer!!!  If he is being watched, and gets arrested, she KNOWS he's dealing drugs.  She's living in the same household paid for with drug money.  Not only could she be arrested as well, as an accessory because she did not turn him in, but their house, her car, every thing could be taken away because it was purchased with drug money.  The kids could be taken from both of them (again because she knows he is a drug dealer) and put into foster care.  You don't get how serious this really is.

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Actually the house isn't paid for with drug money. I am the one who paid the down payment and pay the house payments with my paycheck. I make more than he does. He only works part time due to his injuries.

The only thing he pays for is the cell phones which are in his name, and the insurance on both cars.

But yes everything else you said it true, I could lose my home, my car, my kids and my freedom. 

Quoting Melissa_4:

Quoting alibrezzy154:

Honestly I don't get what the big deal is its not like he's some thug or druggie. Lol why don't you just talk to his doctor and tell him to stop writing him scripts because he is selling them and not even using them. They will put it on record and so they can give him different non narcotic forms of pain relief even if he tries going to a different doc or the er. They will know. I really don't see how this is a reason the leave him though. Have you asked him why he feels the need to sell the pills?

Are you serious???  He's a freaking drug dealer!!!  If he is being watched, and gets arrested, she KNOWS he's dealing drugs.  She's living in the same household paid for with drug money.  Not only could she be arrested as well, as an accessory because she did not turn him in, but their house, her car, every thing could be taken away because it was purchased with drug money.  The kids could be taken from both of them (again because she knows he is a drug dealer) and put into foster care.  You don't get how serious this really is.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:55 PM
Why doesn't he just get a full time job and pay for a truck? If he's selling all his pills he must not be in too much pain. He sounds like a looser and I'd get rid of him right away!
alibrezzy154
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:39 AM
Quoting Melissa_4:

Nope I don't see the seriousness at all. Also never been in her situation so can't really relate. It doesn't help that I was raised in a family that shared pills for medical purposes only. Not narcotic addictions. Quite a few members of my family are Dr., and nurses. I also didn't realize the guy she was with has more issues then just selling a bottle of pills.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)