Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

What gives you the right to know?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this

Whether or not someone is their child's biological parent, whether or not the child was adopted, who the child's father is, whether you're married to them, how many fathers your children have, or why they have the number of children they do?

When did it become okay for grown people to just go up to others, strangers at that, and ask about these things?

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
aponder
by Bronze Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:41 AM

Ugh Yes I know, I also hated after being pregnant with #3 people blurting out "So are you gonna get your tubes tied" They don't have a right to know just politely turn to them and say "Why do you need to know?" 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:44 AM

You know I really do not care how many baby daddies someone has but please do not post on Facebook that baby daddy 1, 3 and 5 have not paid their child support this month and expect me to not think you are trashy.

nataliesmom2012
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 3:45 AM
1 mom liked this

While I was pregnant, I had people ask me constantly who the father was since they knew my XH and I were separated. So annoying. I finally got so tired of people asking, I told them I didn't know.

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:00 AM
3 moms liked this

There's also the infamous "What are you having?",  "Are you having a boy or girl?" or "Do you know what you're having?", when a woman is pregnant. Those seem innocent enough, but, after a while, they get on your nerves. I got so sick of them that I started giving smart allecky (sp?) responses such as "Well, I think I'm having a baby, but it might be a litter of puppies," or "Neither one, it's a hermaphrodite duck."

ElizabethGracie
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:07 AM

When I was pregnant,I was so big that people would ask me if I was carryings twins. They would say it jokingly at first and then they would say,"No,seriously, are you sure it's not twins?You're huge!"

Great.Just what a pregnant girl needs to hear!

"Live as if you have faith and faith will be given to you."

crumpy_gat
by No. on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:08 AM
I agree with this and op

Quoting Anonymous:

You know I really do not care how many baby daddies someone has but please do not post on Facebook that baby daddy 1, 3 and 5 have not paid their child support this month and expect me to not think you are trashy.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bi-polarmommy
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:11 AM
1 mom liked this

dh and i got tired of the what are you having questions and started answering "we're just hoping its white" that shocked everybody into scilence

Quoting Anonymous:

There's also the infamous "What are you having?",  "Are you having a boy or girl?" or "Do you know what you're having?", when a woman is pregnant. Those seem innocent enough, but, after a while, they get on your nerves. I got so sick of them that I started giving smart allecky (sp?) responses such as "Well, I think I'm having a baby, but it might be a litter of puppies," or "Neither one, it's a hermaphrodite duck."

Come join me at Multi-Generational Special Needs Households, a place for moms dealing with 2 or more generations of special needs under one roof

http://www.cafemom.com/group/118250/

MrsCountryMama
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:11 AM
It's no ones business unless you make it their business.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
melakay1981
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:37 AM

LMAO! Now I want to get pregnant just so I can use this

Quoting bi-polarmommy:

dh and i got tired of the what are you having questions and started answering "we're just hoping its white" that shocked everybody into scilence

Quoting Anonymous:

SadeAyosmom
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 4:38 AM

like your that dumb you wouldnt know.

oh i have no idea i dont bother with ultrasounds or hormone levels la dee dahhh

Quoting ElizabethGracie:

When I was pregnant,I was so big that people would ask me if I was carryings twins. They would say it jokingly at first and then they would say,"No,seriously, are you sure it's not twins?You're huge!"

Great.Just what a pregnant girl needs to hear!

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)