Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think I'm addicted to aderal

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I've done it a couple times and I really want more :/ it makes me not lazy, makes me not shy, makes me talk more, and makes me more motivated to achieve my dreams. I want the personality that I have on aderal without being on it. :/ I'm not prescribed and I don't think I have ADHD.. I can't buy it but I want it :( the bad thing is I can't eat or sleep for days on it. Any advice besides the obvious or words of encouragement?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:22 AM
Replies (11-20):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:41 AM
I was addicted to pain pills and other drugs for 16 1/2 yrs. Horrible to be addicted and have your life controlled by such a small pill. The best I can offer is honesty! Honesty to your doctor because only he/she can advise you on what's available to truly help help you.
If you decide to take this road then God Speed sweety and only when you truly hit rock bottom is when it's time to claw your way back up. I do have one warning though...never and I mean never go to a "methadone clinic"! You'll be trading one addiction for another. Good Luck!
_AshlynNicole
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:43 AM
I was. I've been off of it for about 6 months now. I'm taking. Bunch of supplements now. They don't have the same effect, but they do help with my concentration and depression.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 4 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:46 AM
You are on quite a bit of meds aren't you? I've read about some of your health issues and you've mentioned other meds. How are you getting prescribed so much? I thought they cracked don on the drug cocktails they were handing out like candy?

Quoting thefiregoddess:

Adderall.

If you're going to be an addict spell it right.

I've taken it for 18 years. .. its my peaches and cream and I get it prescribed.
MammaPaparazza
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:47 AM
I take Ritalin, only because their was a problem with generic adderall in the past, but I'm telling you now, when it starts wearing off I become mega bitch, I scream and am mean and horrible :(

Quoting Anonymous:

Ugh I do but don't wanna take them. I've took them for a couple months a couple year ago then just stopped and now I want too take them again :/ I told myself I would NEVER get addicted to a pill, I wouldn't let myself :(

Quoting angeleyes16:

Don't fuck with it anymore. I didn't think I would get addicted to pain pills, but I did. The withdrawal were horrible. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:14 AM
I don't like the coming off feeling.. It makes me feel super lazy and sometimes depressed :/

Quoting MammaPaparazza:

I take Ritalin, only because their was a problem with generic adderall in the past, but I'm telling you now, when it starts wearing off I become mega bitch, I scream and am mean and horrible :(

Quoting Anonymous:

Ugh I do but don't wanna take them. I've took them for a couple months a couple year ago then just stopped and now I want too take them again :/ I told myself I would NEVER get addicted to a pill, I wouldn't let myself :(

Quoting angeleyes16:

Don't fuck with it anymore. I didn't think I would get addicted to pain pills, but I did. The withdrawal were horrible. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:15 AM
Congrats !

Quoting _AshlynNicole:

I was. I've been off of it for about 6 months now. I'm taking. Bunch of supplements now. They don't have the same effect, but they do help with my concentration and depression.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:17 AM
I don't want to risk my daughter being took away over this :/ I'm not full on addicted with withdrawal but it's to the point I just want to feel like this. I could maybe not do it if I really tried.. :/ ugh idk thanks for the advice and congrats in soberity.

Quoting Anonymous:

I was addicted to pain pills and other drugs for 16 1/2 yrs. Horrible to be addicted and have your life controlled by such a small pill. The best I can offer is honesty! Honesty to your doctor because only he/she can advise you on what's available to truly help help you.

If you decide to take this road then God Speed sweety and only when you truly hit rock bottom is when it's time to claw your way back up. I do have one warning though...never and I mean never go to a "methadone clinic"! You'll be trading one addiction for another. Good Luck!

Anonymous
by Anonymous 5 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:20 AM

If you do not have a medical need for ANY medication, don't take it. My bff died due to taking pain meds she did not need. I spoke to her on a Friday night. Normally, we talked 5 times a day, but not on the weekend because that was family time. I had a reason to call her Sat. morning and learned that she had died during the night. The autopsy said the cause was a drug reaction. It sounds like you might have an addictive trait...not sure how to say it. The better option would be counseling. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:26 AM
Good job on weaning off! You have a caring dh to help you through that. That would suck though to just think about wanting them though. I'm just going to try and stop right now before it gets worst. Most if my family is addicted to pain pills and I see what it does to them. They will lie and steal from their own blood :( I don't wanna be like that so after today I will not do it. Every time I think about wanting to do it I will tell myself that you won't eat or sleep for days and the coming off feeling is bad. I will think if my daughter and my family. I'm putting my foot down as of now, thank you.

Quoting angeleyes16:

You don't necessarily let yourself get addicted to something. It's something that happens oer a course of time. For me I only used once in awhile when my neck pain was at it's worse. I did that for a year. After having my last child I got a script for them (vicodin) again. After I ran out and was having migraines again, my mother gave me some of her pills. It went downhill from there. I worked 3rd shift and I started buying them to get though work. (I didn't sleep much). After a few more months I could barely get out of bed. The only thing that motivated me to pick up the house, take a shower, cook dinner, etc. was knowing that I will get a few pills soon. It got to the pint where I'd take 4 norcos and not get high anymore. I confessed to my dh what was going on. He helped me wean off. He has been great through all of this. It's been a few months now that I haven't had any at all. Although the physically withdrawal are gone, I still mentally crave them. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting angeleyes16:

Anonymous
by Anonymous 3 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:44 AM
Thanks very much. It definitely wasn't an easy thing to aquired. I unfortunately did try the methadone clinic because I didn't want to suffer the crippling physical withdrawals that went with detoxing. Unfortunately,I just exchanged one for the other. That's why I thought maybe talking to your doctor open and honestly might help. It sounds like your not all the way there yet and could really benefit from his/her advice. I 100% understand the fear of losing your children. If going to your physician isn't a "kosher" idea you could look in your phone book under addiction or drug abuse. There are a lot of good and private(meaning no info will be spilled out,just you getting the help you need)rehabs/prevention facility's out there both out/in patient. If you already know the feeling you get from this pill then maybe you can prevent an ugly addiction to it. Again hon,God Speed!

Quoting Anonymous:

I don't want to risk my daughter being took away over this :/ I'm not full on addicted with withdrawal but it's to the point I just want to feel like this. I could maybe not do it if I really tried.. :/ ugh idk thanks for the advice and congrats in soberity.

Quoting Anonymous:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN