Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I think I'm addicted to aderal

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post
I've done it a couple times and I really want more :/ it makes me not lazy, makes me not shy, makes me talk more, and makes me more motivated to achieve my dreams. I want the personality that I have on aderal without being on it. :/ I'm not prescribed and I don't think I have ADHD.. I can't buy it but I want it :( the bad thing is I can't eat or sleep for days on it. Any advice besides the obvious or words of encouragement?
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:22 AM
Replies (21-23):
Anonymous
by Anonymous 6 on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:48 AM

I used to think that about weed.  Looking back though, it only made me fat and irritable the next day.  Not worth it.

angeleyes16
by Silver Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:18 AM

Thank you so much! Best of luck to you. Just nip it in the bud before it gets bad =) 

Quoting Anonymous:

Good job on weaning off! You have a caring dh to help you through that. That would suck though to just think about wanting them though. I'm just going to try and stop right now before it gets worst. Most if my family is addicted to pain pills and I see what it does to them. They will lie and steal from their own blood :( I don't wanna be like that so after today I will not do it. Every time I think about wanting to do it I will tell myself that you won't eat or sleep for days and the coming off feeling is bad. I will think if my daughter and my family. I'm putting my foot down as of now, thank you.

Quoting angeleyes16:

You don't necessarily let yourself get addicted to something. It's something that happens oer a course of time. For me I only used once in awhile when my neck pain was at it's worse. I did that for a year. After having my last child I got a script for them (vicodin) again. After I ran out and was having migraines again, my mother gave me some of her pills. It went downhill from there. I worked 3rd shift and I started buying them to get though work. (I didn't sleep much). After a few more months I could barely get out of bed. The only thing that motivated me to pick up the house, take a shower, cook dinner, etc. was knowing that I will get a few pills soon. It got to the pint where I'd take 4 norcos and not get high anymore. I confessed to my dh what was going on. He helped me wean off. He has been great through all of this. It's been a few months now that I haven't had any at all. Although the physically withdrawal are gone, I still mentally crave them. 

Quoting Anonymous:

Ugh I do but don't wanna take them. I've took them for a couple months a couple year ago then just stopped and now I want too take them again :/ I told myself I would NEVER get addicted to a pill, I wouldn't let myself :(

Quoting angeleyes16:

Don't fuck with it anymore. I didn't think I would get addicted to pain pills, but I did. The withdrawal were horrible. 

purpleducky
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:21 AM

Stay away from it! I saw a guy spiral out of control because of it. He got a doctor to prescribe more than he should have. And the guy was a great worker but outside of work he was just out of control. He would drink and drink and then drive. He wrecked his car so many times. He ended up in jail where he dried out. 3 days in solitary without any meds will kick it. He has now turned his life around and has a cute son.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN