Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

Do you let your kids...

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:43 AM
  • 27 Replies
...play with the toys at the doctor's office? I just had my son at the pediatrician yesterday, and he was playing with those wooden bead maze things every doctor's office in creation has. And it popped into my head that those things must be disgusting germ farms! I wonder if they sanitize them or anything...

So, do you let your kids touch doctor's office toys?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
embrigmom
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:48 AM

Yes, my older daughter (10) will kind of play with it for a bit. The baby (11months) doesn't yet. But I'm sure she will. I've had that thought too. I'm sure they clean them, at least I hope so.

CreziaMommyTo2
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:50 AM

yes my kids do.. they are sick anyway, whats a few extra germs... but i do know they get cleaned 3x a day

teddysmama09
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:52 AM

yep. I cant even imagine sitting in a waiting room full of toys and trying to restrain my children from playing with them. It would be 10 to 20 minutes of pure hell for everyone. Plus those toys are no more germy than toys at daycare or playgoups. In fact, they probably get cleaned more often.

AO-88
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:55 AM
Yup
slvr115
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 6:57 AM
That's a good point. I worked at a daycare, and they never even cleaned the toys in the baby rooms, even though regulations say you're supposed to sanitize the toys every time they go into a child's mouth...

Quoting teddysmama09:

yep. I cant even imagine sitting in a waiting room full of toys and trying to restrain my children from playing with them. It would be 10 to 20 minutes of pure hell for everyone. Plus those toys are no more germy than toys at daycare or playgoups. In fact, they probably get cleaned more often.

slvr115
by Gold Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:08 AM
Yeah, that's what I figured too. I feel kind of bad for the people who are just there for a well child visit or something, though!

Quoting CreziaMommyTo2:

yes my kids do.. they are sick anyway, whats a few extra germs... but i do know they get cleaned 3x a day

Byrd15
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:10 AM
He usually like his own toys better...
But Im that slightly germaphobic mom that carried packets of Clorox wipes and uses then on everything. Lol :)
britishmummy
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:15 AM

Yes, he only just started playing with them though, he is 18 months.

usmcwifey11
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:15 AM
Yep!
notjstasocermom
by Emerald Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:16 AM

yes

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)