Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I'm really struggling...need some advice

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 18 Replies
My husband of 16 years left me a week+ ago. I was 100% caught off guard. My heart is broken and my family has been ripped apart.

I know for sure that I would never take him back, not that he'd even try, but I am really having a hard time.

It's very lonely when he has our kids. He is 100% fine....he told me again a few days ago how happy he is and how much he doesn't love me.

The hardest part is that "our" friends have stuck by him. Not that I expected them to pick sides, but not one person in our close group even called to see how I was doing.

I'm so hurt by all of this. I'm trying to take it day by day, but I am all over the place. I keep reminding myself that I have to go through it to get through it...

Any advice? I never thought this would happen to me.
Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Byrd15
by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:34 AM
Keep your head high. <3
Perhaps it's time for new friends? If you would like someone to vent to please, PM me anytime.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:36 AM
I don't have any advice but that is horrible and I'd reconsider my friendships.
3xangel
by *Angelicious* on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:36 AM
I agree with pp. keep your head up & find new friends. Just up & leaving is a p.o.s move & you are better without a coward like him. Hugs.
Mamasgirl524
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:36 AM
Can you join a city/state group on here and maybe make a few friends?
PinkyPan
by Ruby Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:38 AM

Hugs. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:39 AM

Get  out, and get yourself some of your own hobbies, and make some new friends...a divorce support group mite help you

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Thank you...it's just so scary. Starting over is really hard. I will def be meeting new people, finding new friends, etc. You really do see people's true colors in tough times.
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:43 AM
I am sorry you're going through this as I can't even imagine what you're feeling.
Do have a counselor, a pastor, someone you can go to who will keep your thoughts private? I'd maybe start there so you have someone to talk to.
How old are your kids and why does he have them?
Again, I'm sorry you're going through this.
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:47 AM
Quoting Anonymous:

I am sorry you're going through this as I can't even imagine what you're feeling.
Do have a counselor, a pastor, someone you can go to who will keep your thoughts private? I'd maybe start there so you have someone to talk to.
How old are your kids and why does he have them?
Again, I'm sorry you're going through this.

Our kids are 9 and 11...we are doing every other day with them right now. Aside from walking out on us and neglecting me for years, he is a good father who loves his kids...and they love him too.

I am going to try and find a support group...maybe that will help a little.
lifeisajoy
by Platinum Member on Jan. 21, 2013 at 7:50 AM

Hugs mama! one day at a time and you can get through this!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)