Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom Confessions Mom Confessions

I can't stand your friend

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 2 Replies

So... two of my friends can't stand each other, they sort of "deal" when they have to - out of respect for me.

Anyway, I have been friends with Friend1 for almost 20 years, and became friends with Friend2 a few years ago, but I hjave been spending more time with Friend2 over the last year or two.

Friend1 and I are each others' childrens' godparents. We have very similar parenting styles and personalities. We don't step in and yell at each others' children, unless there is good reason to do so, or if they aren't readily available.

Friend2 has been called out by me a few times about how I find it disrespectful to step in and parent someone elses' child when they are right there. Well, they were together, and apparently when I wasn't around, Friend2 would yell at ALL of the kids (hers, Friend1's and mine). Friend1 held her tongue against her the whole time because she didn't want to start anything, but she just told me now. If I knew then, I could have handled it properly. What do I do now? Do I even bring it up - since they don't see each other often anyway???

Posted by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:24 AM

good luck , its hard to be the nuetral friend when both your friends dont like each other

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jan. 21, 2013 at 8:27 AM
I would and I would tell her it's not cool to yell at your kids
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)